6. James
    7. Ryan
    8. Daniel
    9. Matthew
    10. Samuel

For those of you who care

abs Guest

Nice find Trish... I like em all

*L* I actually wanted to call our no.2 in a few years Olivia (I think it sounds great alongside Madeline) if we had another girl next time. I actually didn't realise it was even close to being that popular.

At least my boy's name isn't even close to being in the top 100 I think! *LOL*

Thanks Trish for finding that!

Fee Guest

Is this the latest list for 2006?

Beckibee - those are lovely names for your girls. I've always liked both of them.

I was thinking too it is amazing what a little performer "Emily" is. I'm sure it must have been on every top 10 favourite name list for the last 20 years!

My boy's name is on there too. No real surprise there I think because boy's names seem to fall into two distinct groups: traditional and modern and there isn't a lot in the middle. It's definitely easier picking a girl's name I think ... there is a very broad range from which to choose.

ABS, I like your boy's name as well ... it is one of those names that sounds good on either a boy or a girl.

Hehe none of the names I like we have picked are on there at all!!

mine either

We've picked a different name for the first name... second name i like Thomas

Fee, yes I'm sure that it is. Hehehe, well atleast I think that is't for this year. Yeah thats what the email said.

I'm happy to see that my kids names aren't up there. I like to have them not quite as popular. Although I must say that I love just about all of the names up there too

Mine are definitely nowhere to be seen.
    my goddaughter is Ella and her mum said one day that she had never met another Ella. Think there'll be a few round now! ox

Ummmmmmmmmmm, when we picked out Olivia in early 2004, I checked the current popularity lists and Olivia was way way down the list at number 34# or something........I just hope she doesn't end up being one of 6 Olivia's in the same class or anything.....!

(The name we have tentatively picked out for B3 is not on there.......might have to check out where it is inthe rankings!)

we know about a thousand madisons and olivias. Its really popular in our karate club (and family for that matter)

My husband's still in the top ten, I'm nowhere to be seen in the top 5000, as usual. Oddly enough, the name we like for a boy is also in the top 10 (though doesn't bother me as I'm not in Aus), and the girl's name isn't - but none of the middle names are there either.

Maybe I can get all BBers to call their daughters my name just so I get a popular name? Or at least one that people can pronounce and don't call wierd.

Well at least this time I only have 2 in the top 10 LOL! Ironically Matthew was the most popular name the year he was born and we have only come across 3 others that have either been in his class or team in 15 years! Joshua was also a top 10 name when he was born and has never been in the same class or team as another one. Go figure!!

Nat, yeah Matthew is one of those names that is ETERNALLY popular and never seems to go out of favour. Amazing really.

Lucy, it is funny how one can pick out a name and think it isn't all that popular yet and all of a sudden, people with the same name start appearing left and right. I wouldn't worry about too many of the same name being in Olivia's class though ... it is a great name in any case and will always look good on her, whether she's five or eighty-five =)

Fee Guest

I remember reading the Top 100 Names for 2005 and the girl's name we have picked was nowhere on it. The boy's name we have picked was in the 80's somewhere. But I have a feeling it will be more popular this year.

I remember when I was born, Rebecca was the no.1 girls name for Australia that year. Now it's not so popular, although it seems like there are TONS of Becs around! *L*

Seems to me that most regular names (traditional or popular) have there times at the top of the lists. Emma for example is at no. 10 now; but I remember about 2 or 3 years back it was no.1 for a few years in a row.

Oh Wow - DP is right! (Althought I will never tell him!)

About 3 years ago I was dead set on Charlotte and Isabella and told everyone! They were quite a way down the list at the time but he got mad because he said "the minute you start telling people they start to get popular" and look what has happened! Luckily new girl's name is not up there and I am keeping very quiet!

William was always going to be our boy's name and I don't mind that it is up there because it always wil be I think.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast