thread: Using the same initials???

Sep 2010

Using the same initials???

Both my daughters' name (Aaliyah) and my name (Andrea) begin with an A (by coincidence) and I seem to like another A name for a girl: Ashlyn. Is it weird if I do another ''A" name? What are people's thoughts on Indianna or Imogen instead?

And whilst I'm throwing it out there - what about Caden or Lincoln for a boy? I love the nick name Linc but not so sure in full. Also i have a friend who's son is called Jayden...is that too close to Caden? (not a super close friend, but someone I've been friends with for a while and hope to be in the future)

Jeez I'm finding this naming thing even harder the second time around!

Feb 2008
    on a journey called life, finding our way home

I dont think the A name thing is strange and I love the name Ashlyn.

I have a Jaedyn and a friend of mine ( not close but have known each other from school) named her boy Kayden. I thought it a bit odd at the time but now im fine with it ( you could always put the name to her and see what she says?) BUT I absolutly love the name Lincoln especially Linc for short

Jan 2006

So long as you all have middle names so you know whose post is for whom, I don't see a problem with it. I love the name Aisling, which is pronounced Ashlyn; it's on my namelist for Stormy.

Not a fan of either Caden or Lincoln, but if you like them then go for it. TBH, Caden, Kayden, Jayden etc are all becoming popular so it isn't so odd that you pick similar names. It would be like me having a Ewan (although I prefer Ioan as a spelling of Ewan) then my friend having a baby Ian or John - the same name with just regional differences. I don't see a problem with it, it is not exactly the same.

BellyBelly Member

Jul 2008
    Yarra Valley, Victoria

Both my sister and I have the same initials - it was never really a problem with mail etc! (we are 4 1/2 years apart)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 2008

I say go the A name and I love Ashlyn! That is my DD's name! Everyone always comments on how beautiful it is.

Add ~clover~ on Facebook

Sep 2007
    travelling

My aunt & her DD are both S & my uncle & their DS are both J.A. (same middle name, as my DS also).
    My sister, my DD3 & I are S, 2 of my kids are J.

Its not something anyone comments on. My sister & I were the only girls. I don't know if my aunt & uncle intentionally used those initials or not. I have wondered, but not enough to ask.

I get more comments on the fact that I'm Skye & my DD3 is Summer Unintentional & now I'm wondering if I should've thought a bit harder.
    We also called DS Jesse while we had a dog called Jess. We obviously just went with the names we loved & didn't give a second thought to anyone else's oppinions. (We didn't name DS after the dog! We did get asked though!)

May 2008
    Gtown

Using the same initials???

My dad and I have the same initials, middle as well! Was never a problem. My dd has same initials as me.
    My three kids have middle names that all start with the same letter.
    TJM, AJM and EJM

Mar 2004
    Sparta

I have the same initial as my brother. Sometimes we've opened each other's mail by accident but it's no biggy.

2013 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

May 2007
    Brisbane

I don't think the same initials is too tricky, unless maybe you both had a middle name starting with the same letter, and then maybe the worst that could happen is someone opens the wrong mail?

I never used to love Caden and Lincoln, until friends used those names and now I think they are really cute names, and Lincoln is quite nice long.

IMO it doesn't really matter if Caden is too close to your friends child's name?

(we're also finding the name thing really hard, and the one name we liked I told my sister and she going on about how it was the only girls name she liked and she told us that 12 months ago and now I feel like even though I like it (my partner not so much since my sister said those things) I can't use it )

Sep 2010

Thanks Ladies, you've set my mind at ease and now feel comfortable to use an A name (IF that ends up being the front runner!).

Now I just have to decide whether to find out the sex which would make the whole name choosing a little easier...too many decisions!

Jul 2005
    Sydney

Ashlyn is a pretty name, one of my friend just had an Ashlyn 3months ago.
    I have always liked Caden for a name & linc i agree nick name better than the full name.
    As for initials if u like the name, doesnt matter. ds1 end up with my initials, not because we planned it we loved his name, ds2 end up with dh initials and again we loved the name so it just fit in.

BellyBelly Life Subscriber
    Add Beautiful Disaster on Facebook Follow Beautiful Disaster On Twitter

Jun 2010
    Brisbane - where it is never like it should be.

My DH and DS have the same initials and our next will have mine but man im
    Finding it hard to find a boys name starting with a K