Thread: Alternative ties for the HAB

Default Alternative ties for the HAB

Has anyone tried tying their hug a bub in a non-standard way?

I use a hip carry tie occasionally for short periods now that Kynan's a bit older. It's not as supportive for him or me as the official HAB ties are but it's great for situations where he's awake and wants to look around but, for whatever reason, I don't want him waving his arms/legs around in front of me like in the normal facing outwards position.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

The only ties I used with Elijah was heart-to-heart or on-the-go - I want to use the koala cuddle with him now that he's bigger, so will have to have a play. I haven't used it in other ties though!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

We've done all of the official hug a bub ties and the only one I couldn't get the hang of was the peapod one. I think Kynan just didn't like that particular position. The koala cuddle is great - if he gets sleepy I can just tuck his head back in!

I have a pic of Kynan in the hip carry here.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

That looks really comfy!! I will have to give it a go.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know