Thread: Anyone got a Peanut Shell Sling?

Default Anyone got a Peanut Shell Sling?

Just a quick question...

Has anyone tried a Peanut Shell Sling/Pouch? How did you find it? Is it easy to BF in?

Thanks in advance!

I bought one today - it is good cos you could BF in it.

I have one, got it a couple of days after Abbey was born. I love it. It's quick and easy to put on. Abbey falls asleep almost instantly in it, and yes it's quite easy to feed in too

Hi. I've got one and wear it everywhere - at home and out and about. Oscar loves it too and will happily sleep in it. I find it really easy to get him in and out really quickly and with minimal fuss, and the more I get used to it the more versatile it is. It's great for breastfeeding discreetly too. It's taken my body a few days getting used to the carrier, but now I have I find my back, neck and shoulders don't suffer when I wear it. I'd say it's fairly ergonomic, which is important.

Can you use them for older babies as well? Up to what weight can it comfortably carry? I've looked on a website and it says 16kg, but as the thing is not adjustable, would a big toddler fit in it comfortably?

I've been wanting to get a sling for a while but just havent found one that I really like... but these look pretty cool.

Claire is 8.6kg. How heavy are your bubs and can you carry them easily in it?

My son is one and I use it all the time for short trips to the shop. I carry him on my hip and it means I am hands free. I would be carrying him anyway and the peanut sling makes it so much easier on my back. I haven't been brave enough to try the back carry yet

Oh ok, so Oscar is not much younger than Claire. How heavy is he? Does the sling hurt your shoulder or is it pretty comfortable? Thats why I want it, so I can hold her on my hip with a bit of extra support.

He's roughly 9kg and if it is positioned properly it is very comfortable. I also wear him facing me when he is tired so he can go to sleep. I will be using it for ages to come because it makes what I would do anyway (carry him on my hip) so much more comfortable and it doesn't hurt my back.

Hi!
    Sorry to hijack this thread!

I am looking at getting a Peanut Shell for our new bub, due in September. I have been given a Baba Sling by the SIL, but I have read on other posts that it can sit high on your shoulder and eventually pull on your neck.

Now, my question is this. I have a bad back, as a result of a car accident in 2002. I don't want to get a front pouch (eg: kapoochi) because I want to be able to breastfeed with it.
    I used a ring sling with DS but I hadn't had my accident then.

Will a peanut shell be too uncomfortable for me to use because of my injury, or is it made so that it will sit over my shoulder bone and not just up near my neck?

Any help would be great!

Thanks in advance!!!

Another hijack! Where is the best place to buy a stylish peanut shell?

I'm quite liking one from Evie Lala.

Any thoughts? TIA.

SG
    xo

ETA - it's the Retro Blue Reversible Peanut Shell.
    Last edited by suse; July 24th, 2008 at 07:36 PM. Reason: links - pls read the forum guidelines

I got mine from Baby Bunting, which was one of those designs

Thanks Skittlebub.

For a QLD summer:

Peanut Shell in Stretch Cotton or Microfleece Single Layer?

I've been looking at slings too - thinking about a hotslings sling. I've found lots on ebay, and they have some pretty cute patterns.
    For long-term carrying CalebsMum, especially for a bad back, I'd suggest something with a bit more total back support. I'm planning to use my sling for quick carrys - popping in at the grocery store, or whatever. For longer wearing, I still use my moby wrap, and find it very comfortable and supportive. Great for a newborn too - DD would sleep instantly in it! It's similar to a hug-a-bub, but without the pocket, and half the price! (google it, if you're curious) The down side, is that it takes a minute to put on, which is why I'm looking for a sling as well, but, as I said, if you are going to be wearing your baby for more than a few minutes, I'd say it's worth it!

I love my Peanut Shell! I used it for my newborn and also for my toddler! It is really comfy as it spreads the load really well across the back and shoulder.

It is one of those great things that i always have on the passenger seat of the car ready for when i dash in and out of the shop - saves my back!!

I noticed that the Babes in Arms website has got 20% OFF the microflece range!

I did see that LM! Would you recommend the microfleece or the 100% cotton?

TIA.

SG
    xo