Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An in-between sling....??

Question An in-between sling....??

Harmony has so far been in a peanut type sling, but it only made for little ones, it had the velcro straps inside, and baby can only lay down, no other carry way possible...

It is now KILLING my shoulder to carry her, and she is awake alot now, and I'd like to be able to look abot, but she has only a tiny amount of head control so far.

So what do I get for us?? I want it be as easy as my pouch sling, so no mei tei's, or hard carriers... maybe a ring sling? Can she go in one okay?

help ladies......

Peanut shell?

(and btw - had to laugh at your sig with the initals and years - cos I read it as Moo...rofl)

hehehe, I didn't even realise!!! Poor Mason!!

I looked at the peanut shells....I can sit her in a kangaroo type possy cant I?? And I can use it up to toddlerhood....

I was really happy with the first sling, It was made for newborns, so worked perfectly, but now I need a not-quite-holding-her-head-up-but-wants-to-see sling

I carry her for a few hours on shopping days too....

Have you seen hug a bubs? My bub is too heavy for our sling too,one shouldered slings are too tough on the back for us...So I googled HAB and ended up making one from material from spotlight... good as bub can look around and a bit of material cam come across to support their head.

i think a ring sling will do the trick!
    is also very versitile later ie hip carrying.. i still can put miss A in there..and she is almost 2(but a tiny 2yrold)
    i have a 100(or is it 1000) knots ring sling..

Ring slings are great for all ages. I've used one for DS since birth, and now he's big and heavy but I still use it. They're easily adjustable and no need to worry about different sizes. So many different ways to carry bubs in them, too. I used to have DS snuggled in it to sleep, then sitting up like a little joey facing out, and now I use it like a hip carrier or piggy-back style. Mine is home-made, so I put pockets in the end of the "tail" so I can take everything I need for a short trip without needing an extra bag. I love it! But remember - keep baby high and tight so it doesn't hurt your back.

uummm, been googling, , and I think I want a ring sling, and something like a Hotsling.. I'd use both for different times i think...

Dammit, I feel another addiction coming on....

Can you sew? They're really easy to make! And therefore, customise...

Jodie, I have a hotsling and as much as I love it and as much as it's been reall great, I am looking to upsize to a mei tei because he is starting to get too tall for it, so for a while he wasn't feeling as secure as he used too, but he's put on a fair whack of weight lately so it's better, but at the rate he's getting taller, I can see him growing out of it soon. I have seen some ring slings that are wider in the fabric to allow for a toddler carry etc plus you can also pull the top part tighter

Nope, cant sew...

But I can get a Hotsling and a ring sling for $118 delivered, does that sound ok?? It seemed a good deal.... I think I could get a lot of use out of both, and Ad can even put Kane in one when he's being painful...

seems like a lot of money jodie .. there are some ring slings on ozebaby and wahm stores .. for alot less than $118 ... they are also eazypeazy to make ... buy the rings and the material ... you dont even need to sew !!!

The ring sling is on sale for $39.. half price..
    The hotsling is $72 reversable..

Oooo, Id be interested in making something easy!!!!

How? Where do I find how? What materials can I use? Can I get it all at spottie?? Its all we have here...

THat sounds like a pretty reasonable price to me - my hotsling was on sale for $50. You should be able to get all you need at spotlight - just find out what fabric type it is, buy the rings and away you go.

ok well i know a nappy fabirc store sell rings for about $10 .. i forget the name umm

BUBBA EARTH has all you need and then just google "no sew ring sling " loads of stuff will come up .. i made one my self once and it was great .. i dont know where it went tho

Oohh, I'm gonna make one!!!! Will spotties have rings???

One site said polar fleece is ok, it might just stretch a little, but It wont fray, is that true? Its cool here, and gonna get COLD, a fleece one would be awesome!!!

Suse would be the one to ask. I'm pretty sure if you look thru some of the other threads here you'll find links to instructions and whatever. I got my rings from a boating and marine shop, so they're steel and a bit heavier than most, but they'll never rust or break and they were only about $4 each.
    Don't get rings from spotters... they only have [email protected] ones for handbags and they'll break and you'll drop your precious bundle!!

The ABA Simplicity Sling uses clips...we've got one here...pretty fast and easy to put on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast