Thread: DD getting a rash from the Ergo Carrier

Question DD getting a rash from the Ergo Carrier

I borrowed an Ergo from my SIL, and I dont know if its just a coincidence, but since I have been using it, DD has been getting a rash on her cheeks and chin. I have been using the front carry, and her head sits quite low, so when she looks out, her face rubs on the sides.

Has this happened to anyone else? I was going to buy my own tomorrow, but am slightly put off by this. Do you think it could be something else, like teething perhaps?

Cheers

My DD got a rash but only whilst using it, was because she would suck on the fabric and then the wet drool soaked fabric rub on her face. It didn't come up when she wasn't in it, I just figured that couldn't really do anything about it as she just liked to suck on it so much and probably any fabric would be the same.

Has she washed in in a laundry powder or liquid that you don't use?? Could be a reaction to how she has cleaned it. Ergo have an organic cotton range for sensitive skinned babies too.

Thanks girls.

I hadnt really thought about her washing it. I will have a look into the organics range, but I did have my heart set on the Black one with the camel lining.

I might even leave it another week and see if it is the carrier causing the rash, and I might give it a wash too.

Thanks again for your help

How did you go? We have the sport model and it's never given B a rash, though she does like to nom the straps.