Thread: Feeding in HAB and Close Carrier

Default Feeding in HAB and Close Carrier

I am tossing up between these two carriers and am wondering if anyone has been able to breastfeed successfully in either of them. I like the close carrier for ease of getting on and off but the HAB is cheaper so thinking i will just learn how to tie it and go with that. My grand plan is to bf ds2 in it while running after ds1 but was wondering if either is easier to bf in.

i haven't been able to BF in either bub my bub doesn't like her head to be held back behind the cloth. There have been some brand new close carriers been sold on e-bay lately cos they are they old colours. i got mine there for much reduced price. and i'm very happy!

I havent fed in my CC yet but plan too do the same as you. I also got mine really cheap as it was a discontinued colour (about $80 i think) but i got it last sept through the nappy hunt before i was even pg as i knew it was what i wanted anyway. I chose it over the HAB aws it seemed easier and quicker to put on as it has the rings rahter than wrapping which i am pretty unco at

I fed DS2 in the CC occasionally until he was about 3 months, then he was too big for the nursing position. I haven't tried feeding upright, dunno if its possible.

I ended up getting a HAB last night as i found a pretty good deal online. Figured for the saving i can learn how to wrap it. Had a look at some positions and its theoretically possible to feed in the HAB so just need to see if bub will go with it or not. Thanks for your replies everyone.

Let us know how you go, hun. I looooooved my HAB for DD and used it until she was 18 mths but I never actually bf her in it. She basically never woke up while she was carried in the HAB! So there was never any need. But I'd love to know how it works for #2.

As a HAB is just a stretch fabric wrap - it's definitely possible to BF in it, but it does take a bit of practice feeding in a wrap. The Front Cross Carry is a good carry for feeding in as bub can be popped in and out and it can be easily adjusted. I've been feeding DD (9 days old) in a woven wrap, mostly in a Front Wrap Cross Carry (FWCC) and a modified cradle carry with good success. If you google instructions for these carries there are plenty of vid tutorials on youtube, or check out thebabywearer for lots of good instructions.