Thread: Getting babies out of slings once they are asleep

Default Getting babies out of slings once they are asleep

Hey all,

I've been trying out a hug-a-bub for a few weeks, and well, its fantastic! Before that we had a Baby Bjorn - AND IT WAS SO CRAP I CAN'T EVEN DESCRIBE IT!! (word of advice - if somebody gives you a Baby Bjorn like they did to us, say no thanks ) anyway, My back doesn't hurt or anything, and i can bend over without thinking he is going to fall out..

The only thing i dont like about it is I can't get D.A. out of there if he is asleep without waking him up...

I saw a Tomy one the other day where you can click the baby part of the parent part, so you dont need to wake them up per se... But then i'm not sure if i'll have the same problem as the Baby Bjorn in that the gap between him and me is too much and thats why my back hurts IFYWIM??

Anyway have any advice?? Or do i just have to accept that i can't have everything i want in a product *lol* ??

Thanks,
    Yael

LOL I carefully would unfold Matilda out of the hug-a-bub & tried different ways... one thing is not to try until they have been asleep for 10 minutes or so, or if you can uncurl their hand without them stirring. Then I would pull one side away from me & try to slip her out. Most of the time that worked for us & Matilda learned really well how to transfer. She even now transfers easily if she's been asleep for 10 minutes. HTH!

hi Yael,

This is a problem, and sometimes we are successful and sometimes not! As Christy, said, we wait for a while until Clarrie seems to be in a deep sleep and then I bend over our bed and actually have him lying on the bed and try to undo the HAB in that position. Not easy! Then it is easier to pick him up from the bed and put him in the hammock. If it was in the day I would often just keep wearing him rather than risk waking him up. Good luck

cheers, Julie

I've never had any luck getting Kynan out of the HAB without waking him up. No matter how long he's been asleep he seems to wake as soon as he feels his head coming out of the HAB... maybe it's the cool air on his face. Sometimes I just go for a really long walk or sit somewhere and let him have his sleep LOL. And it's absolutely impossible getting him out of the HAB and into the car seat without waking!

ah see I thought the HAB was why Matilda transfered so well, because she was used to being moved around in her sleep.... maybe its just the individual baby too....

I am one of the few people that got on OK with the Baby Bjorn, LOL, and became an expert on the transfer from Bjorn to hammock for the first 4 months of Olivia's life.....she would only ever fall asleep in the Bjorn, then once she had been asleep for a fair while (ie when I could feel her little leg go floppy!) I would put my hand between the Bjorn and her back, carry on gently rocking, unclip, swap hands and unclip the other side & then lower her into the hammock.......

Does that many any sense?! LOL!

2 years later I can still transfer her asleep OK............

I just bought one Fletch, they are called Amby hammocks if you want to google

Fletch....have a check of the webiste, then if you have any questions let me know.......I am the biggest fan of hammocks........

Sal Guest

I can vouch for amby hammocks too! Just great being able to rock/bounce bub to sleep

I'm with you on the bjorn, Yael!!

I have used a Baby Bjorn (given to me) with Indah & had no problems, also able to get her out of baby bjorn (until a month or 2 ago) without waking & then popping her in her cot...
    I am currently borrowing a hAB from a Wonderfully, gorgeous, generous BB lady... Then I am l;ooking at investing in one... So far with my practice last night it all worked well & Indah seemed really happy in there!!!!

Ellibam Guest

i would lean over our bed with makon lying on the bed and undo at the hips and loosen from the back. then i shimmy out of it then move the 'back straps' away from him and then can move him to where ever! if i was putting him in the car i generally wouldn't worry about waking him as he goes to sleep in the car any way!