Thread: hiking backpacks

Default hiking backpacks

Has anyone used one of the hiking backpacks for older children?
    How comfy are they?
    I'm just wondering if it would be worth getting one so we can do a bit of bushwalking in the cooler months.

ETA - the ones with the metal frames. Its for us to wear so the boys can ride in it not for them to wear.

Dach... I noticed no one has responded here. I haven't personally used one but have a friend who has and loved it. She did get it sent from England though but said it was much easier, simpler and lighter than the ones here. I can get more info if you like???

yes pleaase,
    I've noticed that they're pretty cheap second hand on ebay so I'll probably go that way.

Hi, We have a MacPac Possum backpack that we've been using since DD was 6 months and they said we should be able to use it till she's about 4 yrs.

I must say that only when we tried on the different brands did we realise the difference between them. Some just suited our body shape (DH and I are both on the smaller side!) better than other brands. I would recommend trying some out in a shop before getting on eBay if you can.

Oh sorry Dach... I forgot to check back here with you. I will send her an email now and then pass info onto you.