Thread: I am in lurve!!!!!

Default I am in lurve!!!!!

... with my Close Carrier! I thought i was in love the Hug-A-Bub, but that was just a fling.

It's so comfy! And sooo easy to put on. I got the olive colour for a bargain price (e-bay special)

It almost makes me think i may be able to go through pregnancy and labour again just so i can use the carrier with a newborn! mmm, i said almost.

My bub (3 months old) doesn't like her head in behind the material, she didn't like it with the HAB either. Anybody else find this?

thank you to the BB girls (esp Kitt3n) for letting me know about the close carrier!

I loved mine too! DD was so snug in there and it looked gorgeous. She didn't like her head covered either if she wasn't ready for sleep.

Glad you like it .

Yay. I'm so buying one of these and can't wait until tiny little DD is big enough to carry around LOL!

WOOT! I am glad you love it

As for the head thing, yes Laa hated it too - I had to wait until she was in a good sleep to tuck her in. She loves her FREEDOM!

i love mine too coz it was so easy the only thing i found is that i didnt really use the extra bit coz he was pretty snug without it but i did use my HAB to lie down when DS went through a stage where i couldnt take him out when he was sleeping coz the rings on the CC dug in a bit when trying to lie down im going to get a wrap to back carry for the next one so i can chase after DS without the bub getting in the way

I'm so glad you love it - I have an almost unhealthy obsession with mine! I just travelled on my own/changed planes/grabbed luggage using mine and didn't skip a beat, and I find unless DD is super awake she doesn't mind having her head tucked in, and within 5 minutes she is normally snoozing away. It just makes everything so much easier, my poor ellaroo sling hasn't seen much use since getting mine.

Default I am in lurve!!!!!

Just bought mine after seeing this thread, thanks Kate!

I've got a HAB but finding it too fiddly to put it on/adjust/take off for feeding, etc. So looking forward to my CC arriving soon!

Glad you are so happy with your new carrier Kate

After reading these posts, I have just been having a look on youtube, and think they look great too. Would anyone recommend them for older babies? DD is nearly 6 months, and about 8.5kgs. I have a sling but she only goes in the hip carry now and doesnt sleep that way so would love a carrier that she would actually sleep in. Thanks in advance x

Another fan here!! I would have another baby to be able to use mine again. I just loved newborn cuddles in it. Glad everyone else feels the same.

Manhattan, I would think think you might be better with an ergo or another ssc instead of the close for your DD. My DS (6m) is much happier now in the ergo, the stretchy close feels a bit loose now...xo

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan View Post
    Glad you are so happy with your new carrier Kate

After reading these posts, I have just been having a look on youtube, and think they look great too. Would anyone recommend them for older babies? DD is nearly 6 months, and about 8.5kgs. I have a sling but she only goes in the hip carry now and doesnt sleep that way so would love a carrier that she would actually sleep in. Thanks in advance x
    I would look for a mei tai, SSC or a woven wrap at that age. I was still using the close up to about 7 months with Laa until I tried a woven wrap, then the close was put away for next bub I have never tried an ergo but most people seem to love them - SSC wise I have had a Dream carrier (didnt like), Pikkolo (didnt like) and Beetlebums (Lurrrrve). MT wise I have found Kleinsmekkers to be the only ones that have lasted in this house (have tried bamberoo, ellaroo, cat bird baby, silly goose, eye2eye... umm a few more i think but have forgotten)......... of the wraps I have tried my fave are the didymos linen blends, but ellevill, girasol, neobulle, storchenweige, vatanai are some other brands to check out. (all of my wraps are didymos except the neobulle organic rose, this is one of the most amazing wraps ever IMHO)

hth

Kitt3n! you are a wrap/carrier hussy!

Quote Originally Posted by Kate07 View Post
    Kitt3n - Thank you for that wealth of info. I cant believe you have so many carriers!

Rufalina - Thanks hun. Would you believe I was at my sil's house yesterday and she has one that I can borrow! So I will try it out this week and see how I go. Thanks again

Thanks Ladies, and Kate, enjoy all those close cuddles x

Quote Originally Posted by Kate07 View Post
    ROFL! Honestly I am a carrier virgin in comparison to many!!