Thread: Milk supply and baby wearing connection??

Default Milk supply and baby wearing connection??

Whenever I've been wearing DD in the HAB when I take her out my BBs seem to be more full than they usually would get between feeds.

Coincidence? Or is it something to do with me having her close the whole time?

One of the mothers at my mothers group said the same. And her son feeds less now because she's co sleeping. He's gone through his 4mth growth spurt without a hassle.

I think it could definitely have an influence on milk. Holding bub close is one of the important factors of getting the right hormones flowing. You'll see people advise lots of skin to skin, feeding in the bath etc etc to help establish breastfeeding.. so yep.. i reckon wearing bub in a close wrap like a HAB would bring on the milk! hehe.

It will settle down soon tho, and you won't feel as full between feeds. Soon all your boobs will need is a bit of suckling to get going Sounds like you're going great guns! Well done

i was feeding DD in my karmababy yesterday and was leaking from the other breast, i usually dont leak at all now!

yep - the closer you are, the more skin to skin contact you have, the more milk you will produce even if bubs just has their little mouth breathing on your chest it is skin to skin contact which generates an hormonal reaction in you

Our bodies are so clever!!!!!!!!

Yep had levi in the sling heaps in the past couple of days at bit and boobs have been ouchy full sore again!
    didnt even think of the connection unitl i read your post!
    good one

Matryoshka Guest

I think so, i also think that the constant pressure on my chest lead to recurrent bouts of mastitis. As i wore my ds very tightly 18 hours a day for weeks, and kept getting mastitis, i'm really sure its because my boobs didn't get any space/relief.

This makes sense: baby wearing and increased supply. I found that anything that got my upper body circulation going faster helped me make more milk... weeding, lifting and carrying etc. The extra excercise of carrying your baby would increase circulation... and I guess that's what nature intends.