Thread: need advice on baby carrier

Default need advice on baby carrier

Hi, every one.
    I'm mother of a 2 month old baby and I am looking for a suitable baby carrier which allows breast-feeding without removing the baby. Does any body knows which baby carrier is good and is comfortable for the baby and the parents as well?!
    I know there are different brands and prices like Ergo, Babybjorn, jeep,... I want to spend about 150 $
    or more. any info is highly appreciated.

Last edited by Parisa; July 9th, 2008 at 04:48 PM.

Just going to move this to the baby wearing section where you'll get more answers

I highly recommend an Ergo baby carrier. I have a really bad back and I find my Ergo is really supportive. You can carry your baby on your front, hip or back in the Ergo too which is great as they get older. They retail for $160, but if you shop around you can get them cheaper.

HTH

We had a quinny which DD hated being it - it was a front carrier type
    And we have a babyrock sling which she loved!
    so i am a sling convert!

My vote is for the ergo too. I use it for my 9 week old (have used it since birth for her with the infant insert) and also used it with my toddler since she was about 10 months (so when I was 7 months pregnant) and it was and is great. Feeding in it is definitely a bit of an acquired skill but it didn't take long for me (and Elena) to work it out.

I've also got a baby bjorn, a ring sling and tried the HAB and the ergo is definitely the winner for me. The most comfortable for me and seemingly for my girls, I like that DD#1 can go on my back or hip, and its easy to get on and off once you've had a bit of a play.

Another fan of the ergo here too. I have breastfed while bubs is in it and its very discreet.

Do you have any friends with carriers? Whereabout do you live? Because if you can try the carrier first, that will be a big help in helping you decide what you like.

Thanx everyone for your help, I live in Sydney( parramatta suburb) does any body knows where can I buy an Ergo carrier ? babies galore, toysRus or somewhere else?

Babies Galore have them

Hi, thanx for the info, do u know how much is it and in what colors do they come?

They are $160 at Babies Galore. You can go to the Ergo baby carrier website to see the colours they have. The website is ergobabycarrier dot com.

HTH

It retails around $150ish, though you can often find it cheaper in various online stores. I think it comes in cranberry, black and a tan colour, and then perhaps there's organic ones, chocolate and blue. I think.

I know you can get Pikkolos for around the same price from Wrigglebots (a chick from BB runs the store), I've got a Pikkolo and love it, it's comparable to the Ergo really. I think I like the Pikkolo better, but I'm sure there are others who prefer the Ergo, it's very much up to personal preference.