Thread: Need help!

Red face Need help!

Years ago I saw a nice sling carrier that I liked, but I can't remember what it was called!

It was one shoulder, one piece of stretchy fabric in a loop. You wore it over shoulder to opposite hip, and slip bub into the fold.

Are there any wraps like this? I'd love something really simple, for around the house, and easy to take off if bubs falls asleep. And it would be great if the sling can be used as a hip/back piggyback carry for my toddler, but not essential.

Thanks for any help!

It sounds to me like you're talking about a pouch. If you google pouch and maybe some other helpful terms like baby or carrier, hopefully that should give you some good results!

I googled all sorts of things and I was going around in circles and getting frustrated, so thought I'd ask in here.

A pouch is exactly what I'm after, but which one, how much do I have to spend?

I am not going to carry DD, she's a bit too heavy now! I mean, for the moment, some hip carry here and there, but I bought a new pram with my bonus money esp for DD until new bub arrives.

I have a bubba moe sling and it sounds like what you described. Maybe google that. I also think that peanut shell sounds like what you described.

I've looked at Nurtureslings, Peanut Shell and so many I can't remember. I'm just trying to find something that's really good value, not wanting to spend much. DF doesn't want me to get one at all!

check out ebay, thats where i got my 2 slings from and they were only $40. They are usually around $100 in shops, i got one adjustable one and one pouch like what you are describing.

hope that helps

i forgot to mention that they were both brand new, one was a Jazsling and the other was a padded one (can't remember the name and I have leant it to a friend)

hope that helps
    Last edited by sirenz; April 7th, 2009 at 10:57 AM.

Thanks. I've watched a few, got an idea of selling prices. Might wait until right near the end, or even after the birth, I might not need one.

I've just bought three slings off ebay and the most I spent was $40. I just searched under slings and used and there are heaps there. I got two adjustable ones and one that is for my size only. The adjustable ones are padded as well. Good luck shopping!