Thread: new born slings

Default new born slings

I've just found out I'm pregnant with #2. When DS was a little bubba i carried him everywhere in the baby borjn because he just wouldn't sleep anywhere else during the day time!! But I've since heard that isn't the best sling. Oh BTW, i now carry him everywhere in the ergo on my back! I want to get a sling for #2, preferably one i can feed him/her in. I'm just wondering what experiences people have had with different slings for little babies? I want one that is easy to get the hang of, that is comfortable and supports bubs well, and possibly be able to BF in (although that isn't the most important thing).
    Thanks!
    Linds

I would suggest a ring sling. Great for feeding in, very portable because they fold up and there isn't that much material, but the rings make it adjustable.

When DD was a bub, I could go grocery shopping, pushing the trolley with DS in it and feeding DD at the same time

ring sling linds. i've got one you can try. pouches are good too and wraps. (i have them too). you'll have to come over for a sling party!
    i could BF in the ringsling it was ACE!

Good plan Joh! I think i might have to wait until your bubba is born and I can practice with your baby! LOL!!

lol. i practised with a doll when preg with bree:P

Generally I think you'd have to look online for a ring sling. I'm not sure if there are any particular brands to look out for, just google "ring slings" and see how you go.

I have an ellaroo ring sling.. highly recommended to me but so far I havent been able to get it to work LOL (I have only had it for a few days and have only tried 2 times to get Noah into it -so it is not the fault of the sling but of me LOL). i have had a few ppl recommend this brand to me. they have a website which lists aus stockists - they come in lots of beautiful fabrics etc too. ellaroo dot com.

Keep practising with the sling, you'll get the hang of it and then you'll never look back!

Try practising over the bed or couch for your own piece of mind. And the person that recommended it to you, are they close by so that they can show you how to use it?

DH and I both carried DS in our hug-a-bub sling (which is a soft fabric, front-carrying sling) when he was a newborn (from about 5 days old), and still do now that he is nearly 6 months old. I was never able to breastfeed in it, but apparently you can, as long as you're not terribly big breasted. Breastfeeding aside, it's a terrific, comfy sling that DS always fell asleep in, but it did take a bit of perseverance in learning how to tie it correctly.