Thread: Peanut Shell - microfleece or not?

flt Guest

Default Peanut Shell - microfleece or not?

Hi
    I borrowed a freinds peanut shell sling for my last baby and loved it. I want to buy one for our new baby due in sept. The microfleece one looks really soft and comfy but I wonder if it is hotter for bub? I used the sling with my son for months and months, so this baby will be in it in spring and also summer. I'd love your thoughts!
    Thanks!

I wouldn't imagine it would get tooooo hot and uncomfy - they use the material in cloth nappies so it can't be too bad (I wouldn't think!!)

Have you thought about the new sport Ergo? Its in a breathable material so its cooler for those of us that live in hot climates. Looks totally wicked.

The fleece pouches are generally designed for cooler climates or for winter - so yes, they are warmer than a cotton pouch. Depending on how far south you are, you may find it good for winter; it would probably be like the difference you'd feel from wearing a light polar fleece jacket to a light to mid-weight cotton jacket. You will probably find it too hot for summer, particularly with a newborn. I don't know that I'd use the analogy that fleece is used in nappies (sorry Mel!) - because the nappy only covers a small amount of the baby's body, whereas a carrier, especially a pouch if the newborn is in a cradle carry, covers the whole body. So it's going to be warmer by comparison just by coverage alone.

Quote Originally Posted by suse View Post
    I don't know that I'd use the analogy that fleece is used in nappies (sorry Mel!) - because the nappy only covers a small amount of the baby's body, whereas a carrier, especially a pouch if the newborn is in a cradle carry, covers the whole body. So it's going to be warmer by comparison just by coverage alone.
    Meh.. I was just thinking cos its like.. breathes or something... lol

Was worth a shot

Bahhh who am I kidding - I knew you would come in here with expert advice.. lol

flt Guest

Thanks for your help! As snuggly and lovely as it looks I am thinking it may be a bit too hot over the summer. Thanks again!