Thread: Perth Summer & Hab

Question Perth Summer & Hab

Hi all

Wondering if anyone has a HAB in Perth, Darwin, Nth Qld or anywhere else hot and how well it works in the heat? I live in Madurah and bubba is 6 weeks - realy want to get a HAB but am worried it will just be too hot here...
    Any advice please!?

Hi Alexis, we are in Perth and I bought a HAB when Maddie was about a month old. Although it was great to use we just absolutely boiled in it. Great for winter though. I put mine back on ebay.

I had one too in Brisbane summer with a newborn - the only time we could use it was in airconditioned shopping centres, it was just far too hot and sweaty for both of us outside. Brisbane is so humid and gross in Jan/Feb.
    We used it heaps when it cooled down in April though.

I'm using one in Sydney & we can only use it in air-con. Calvin loves it (he's almost 3 weeks old) & falls asleep pretty much straight away. But, the only time I have worn it without the air-con on, he came out in a heat rash

I agree that it was just way too much to wear during hot weather. It was fine when DS was a newborn as he was born in October but as the months went on it just got way too hot to wear for both of us.

I tried a friend's and found it far too hot, even when I was wearing very light clothing and DD was barely dressed.

peggy Guest

I would suggest have a look at the comfy carry for summer, im also in perth and would love a HUB but wayyy too hot, Its the best one ive come across so far on the net!
    ive ordered one, ill let you know how it is!
    Last edited by peggy; January 6th, 2008 at 11:54 PM. Reason: typo

LimeSlice - I wanted a HAB but same problem. They're not the same style (they're a sling style) but you could try a comfy carry made by babyrock. I have one, but at the moment Euan doesn't like it very much (not good advertising LOL!) but prefers the baby bjorn because he's upright. I'm going to keep trying him in the comfy carry though - I reckon he will like it when he can sit upright in it. I have the 'airflow' version of the baby bjorn and it's not too hot. But the HABs are supposed to be the comfiest.

ETA - I just noticed that Peggy has suggested the same thing about the comfy carry.

Thanks girls! Ill give the comfy carry a look... about the HAB though!