Thread: Question for those with a hug-a-bub...

Default Question for those with a hug-a-bub...

DD is a fan of only sleeping in the hug-a-bub during the day at the moment But I'm worried about her little head, it doesn't seem comfy. I wear her in the normal chest-to-chest position, she will not have a bar of peapod! But it seems uncomfy for her head on my chest. She lies her head on the side against my chest and if feels like it would be really hard on her head. Am I going to cause her to have a flat spot on the side of her head??!!!!

Well if she is a fan of sleeping in it she is obviously comfy. If you are worried about a flat spot maybe switch the side of the chest you put her head on regularly, so you are alternating which way she is facing each time.
    My DS LOVED the HAB too, and he didnt get a flat spot. (also would not lay in the peapod postion).

All hail the makers of hug a bub!!!!

I would be insane now if it wasn't for HAB....

Oh I know, it is my saviour!

I use to think the same thing with the Baby Bjorn and my mum suggested a folded up muslin wrap, I ripped one in half so it wasn't as bulky and stuf that between his head and my chest.

My son had ALL his day sleeps in the HAB for the first couple of months. No flat spots. I think he generally swapped which side of his head was on me though.

I think the flat head thing is caused by the pressure and weight of a baby's head lying flat on a surface. That wouldn't happen in the HAB, since the baby's head is supported upright, much like in the womb. But you can try turning their head from one side to another to change position if you are worried.

Thanks girls!