Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sling-a-holics....?

Question Sling-a-holics....?

i can't stop thinking that i need another sling...
    all the sling-a-holics out there (nelle, i know you're one!)...i need help!!
    i already have a hab (which i use every single day, without fail, and take everywhere i go)...and an ergo...but lately i think i need a close carrier as well (check out kitten's store).
    my justifications are: i need something for when the hab is in the wash or dirty
    i want something similar to the hab but is quicker/easier to put on for when i rock up somewhere (supermarket, playground) and ds1 is screaming at me to get out of the car and i need to quickly *sling* ds2
    i want something in a new colour...

sling-a-holics out there..should i do it? should i purchase sling#3????

your a dag im sure suse will be in here soon!!
    i saw the most devine one the other day online from the states, not cheap, will find out the name for you... BBS...

You know what the Sling-a-holics will say

'You can never have too many'

check out dreamcarriers

oh oh their nioce jol's....growlllll now if only..maybe we could get one each and save on postage...I love htem!!! hmmmmmm

ive got an oobi that is a cross over form back and front with an extra little bit on the front to keep bub in...I LOVE IT!!!!!! just throw it on....no extra straps nutta. I got it form the states...Nelle put me onto them.

Im searching for another their just to um needed

ETA - Efjay..hehehe ( still giggle at her new name sorry ) has made a few.....PM her to see if she can help ya out

they are noice arnt they!!! luffly!

95 for an XL buckle on for me...god they are beautiful! I am so tempted I tell ya!!!!!!

And there is an organisation called no mother left behind were you can donate slings...how friggen wonderful is that!!!

I

thanks girls.....NOT!!!

now i want one of them too!!!! they're sooo pretty...ggrrr

Sling 3 then sling 4 then sling 5 haha then move onto wraps... well that's what I did anyways.

I used a HAB which I didn't really go much on, I have a MT and an ergo and a close baby carrier and an aba clip on sling and a home made sling... and a didy and storch... and I still want more

BUY IT!

Mel - do any of the slings you just mentioned come with buckles instead of wrapping your self up like a mummy

Rainy, if you like the dreamcarriers, go and check out the Beetlebums store on Ozebaby. Actually, I just checked, she's not got anything listed at the moment, but check out her gallery or her website. Oz WAHM made carriers (MTs, or half or full buckle SSCs), the quality and workmanship is just superb. I have a custom made by Mel and it is just the bomb.

The close carriers do look good, but without having tried them, I would be interested to know how supportive they are for an older bub or toddler. I believe they are made from a stretch fabric similar to that of the HAB? Stretch fabric wraps are generally found to be unsupportive for older babies and toddlers, although you do have an Ergo, which is a great toddler carrier. Myself, I would be looking at either a good quality woven wrap or a longer bodied MT with a structured waist (or a Kozy, which, although it doesn't have a structured waist, is a very supportive carrier). Something that will be a good 'investment' carrier and suitable for carrying an older bub for longer periods.

Or, if you want a really 'quick' carrier specifically for the quick up and down trips, but one that may not necessarily be as supportive or versatile, then a ring sling, pouch, or dedicated hip-carrier could be an option. I can't see your sig - remind me how old your bub is again? For a younger bub with lesser head control (eg: under 5 months), a ring sling or pouch could be a better option, or for an older bub, a dedicated hip carrier will be less versatile in its uses but will have a significantly greater longevity. (Ellaroo make them, as do Scootababy - I have a Scootababy which I use for my 11-ish kg 16 month old and it is an amazingly supportive but quick carrier. I recently carried DS all day in it, including feeds, and was still comfortable at the end of the day).

Maz yes I do :P The Close Baby is a ring carrier mostly, the ABA clip on is a... clip on haha, the ergo is clips. Wraps are very versatile Maz
    Suse personally I do not like the close baby for Ashton and he is 10kg almost. I find it unsupportive and it hurts my back after 20 minutes yet I can wear him on the front in a MT or ergo for hours. I think for a newbie it would be great though! Disappointing as it looked good when I brought it and says up to 16kg I think it was. At least I didn't have to pay full price for it cos I am a tester. Hope she's ready for my feedback haha

Quote Originally Posted by Rainforest View Post
    thanks girls.....NOT!!!

now i want one of them too!!!! they're sooo pretty...ggrrr
    sorry

i can't go past my ring sling (i have an ellaroo) for the quick trip to the shops...i shove into my handbag and rip it out when i need it. it also doubles as a comforter blankie for DD when she cracks it .

like you, i find the ergo takes a bit more time and i dont have quite as much freedom of movement (also doesnt quite fit nicely into a handbag LOL!)..also in the ring sling they can curl up like little bunny rabbits against your chest as newborns and mwaaahhhhhhhhhh it's just divine! LOL!

as the others have said you can NEVER have too many. seriously.

i am soooo confused now girls! i don't know what i want.....

ok, here's the run down.....i think i want something just for when he's a newborn, as i have the ergo for when he's older (suse, he's one month old). he loves it in the hab, but sometimes i feel like it's a lot of hassle to 'set up' when i'm out and about itms?
    it's great for when i'm at home, but when i just wanna pop into a shop and then back out to the car it seems like a lot of hoo-ha iykwim?
    i'm not really into those ones that look like they're just sorta laying there and not all wrapped up tight and snug iykwim?

mel- can you tell me a bit more about the close carrier? is itvery similar to a hab? is it easy to put on? does your ds love it in there?

Here is me coming out of my other addiction closet.

I love carrying my babies so when anyone asks if they need another carrier my answer is always, "YES!".

I have a HAB which I find just great for babies but it is no good for when they get a little heavier, I think I stopped using it for DD when she hit 10 kg. I also have a ring sling which is very comfy, super quick to put on and nice and snuggly fo rbubs, it is also good for carrying my toddler on my hip. I also have a Mei Tai (and am inprocess of making another one) which is also good for both children and for back carries. Now all of these a not quite right for the toddler (who is huge) and she still likes to be carried, and sometimes NEEDS to be carried so I've just bought a pre-loved Olives and Applesauce full buckle toddler carrier which was recommended to me by a few different people. I haven't received it yet but I'm looking forward to it coming next week. I'm also trying to talk myself out of buying a woven wrap so the less said about that the better .

I probably haven't helped but if you want even more information to boggle your mind with have a look at the Baby Carriers Downunder Google group. If they can't enable you then you are beyond help.

Peanut shell (pouch sling) for me for exactly that reason. Today I have used it for the 3 month old and the 21 month old

I just won a Ella Roo Mei Hip Carrier on ebay for $17 and its brand new. I have been searchign and search and finally found something that is us.

I tried to use my sling here like i see alot of people use theirs for their toddlers and it jsut wasnt right...it was hurting my back and neck although mateauz loved it.

Looks like i can sell on my Oobi soon I sure am gonna miss the old boy

oh and I have a quesiton...how the hell do people get bigger kids on their backs with slings and mei tais?????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast