Thread: Slings for a pregnant belly?

Default Slings for a pregnant belly?

I frequently have my DD in a BB but with my ever growing belly she's ending up on very strange angles and its getting pretty uncomfortable for me. I love carrying her so would love to find something that will let me do it throughout this pregnancy. Has anyone come across anything?

Did you come up with anything Lulu? Would love to know!

I've been using our Mei Tai in the back carry, which is good, but I really am an unco, so it takes ages to get Riv in (I've seen pros do it in 2 seconds flat), which feels a bit silly just popping in to get milk or post something.
    You could wear a carrier like an Ergo on your back, but not sure how that fits with a belly (the Mei Tai ties above mine).

I've actually been eyeing off ring slings, or something just to support Riv while he's on my hip...

Nope, afraid not. I've tried my ring sling too and both are just too hard now that poor little DD is almost lying horizontally while I'm walking if in the BB and I don't have a hip anymore for the ring sling!!

I'm thinking about getting an ergo for the new bubby - they look so secure and snuggly, so maybe I'll get one a bit earlier than a thought and try Iz in the back pack position.

Oh! I forgot to come back! I recently got my Bear Hug Baby pouch in the mail, and it's really easy to use and Riv loves it! I'd still use the pram for longer trips, but it's good (so far*) for when I can't get a close park, stops my arms getting tired when carrying him.

He doesn't sit above my hip, he kinda sits on my waist, above my bump. But it's cool that I'll be able to use it for the newie too.

*I say 'so far' cos we haven't had it long, I'll report back if anything changes.