Thread: Suggestions for a sling?

Default Suggestions for a sling?

I have a Hug-a-bub and I love it!! It's great for around the house and DD has her day sleeps mostly in the HAB when I'm home by myself bc it's the easiest way for me to settle her without my arms getting sore! lol.

I also like using it when we go out because it's so comfy and I can walk around with her in it for ages and not get sore. But, it does take time to tie and so I was thinking of getting some type of sling that is really quick and easy to put on for times when I just need to quickly run into the shops, etc. I don't really know what types there are so would love your suggestions! Something that's easy to breastfeed in would be good too? I can't do it in the HAB.

Sorry I cant help but would love to know myself for if / when I have my nexted one as they look great...

I love my ergo - so quick and easy. You can BF in that too - you need the infant insert for under 4 months though

but yup love it. no back or shoulder pain - unlike my bubba moe after a while!!

I have a bubba moe sling. At the moment I find it just bit to big for DD or DD a bit to small for it.

It is an over the shoulder type one and you basically just put them in it. It is also good for discreet bf (not that I have tried yet).

i think they wil come up if you google it.

I second Mel on the Ergo - I have one of them, its great, DD loves it!

Haven't learned how to BF in it yet but my cousin (who has just had her 4th bub) wears baby in it all day running around after the other 3 kids and can BF in it like a champ...

I have a Baba Sling, and I love it. I have tried the HAB and find it too fiddley (my wife loves it, though) and I could never get the Ergo right. The Baba Sling is nice and simple, and quite comfortable.

I had the Peanut Shell and loved it - used it from birth til DS was about 4 months. You can use it longer if you wear it differently but I just found DS was getting too heavy for me.

There are no buckles or fasteners - just throw it over your head. You can BF using this sling. I loved it for those quick trips to the shop or just for around the house.

Love my baba sling!
    takes seconds to put on and put bubba in and he falls asleep in seconds when he is in it!
    He loves it
    it also is great when he is awake and he can sit up and see and i still have hands free!
    mwah

Lurv my Ellaroo...functional, quick and easy (can be shoved in nappy bags and handbags) and comes in all kinds of pretty colours and patterns. we have used it from the time DD was a newborn and are still using it! it hasn't faded, or been damaged, was a little exxy but i would buy all over again if i could.

she has a website but not sure of it exactly, just type it into a search and it should come up.

babe - check out the sling in my sig it holds bub in all the same positions as a HAB but is sooooo much easier to get on and off - it comes in two pieces, and if you do need to take baby out you dont have to pull the whole thing on and off again - you just adjust the tension. It holds baby in a peapod position too, but you get support on both shoulders cos of the design!! Nice and easy to breastfeed in too.

PM me if you have any q's

eta - i got this in place of the HAB, and i have an ellaroo and a catbird baby but the froggy position just doesnt work for us. Cant use as a peapod either.

Thanks everyone!! I have googled all the ones you mentioned!

I like the look of the peanut shell, and another one I saw called hotsling looks the same, is there any difference?? They seem so simple and easy, and oh the designs, lol, must restrict myself to one.

Sara - the peanut shell sling is sized so you have to make sure you get one that fits you and your DH if he's going to wear it too.....

I have a "slingalong" just google it. They are only $50 and great!!! Got it from Byron Bay markets but you can order them online on their website. A very simple sling and my husband loves it too. I have used it every day when we go out to the shops etc but now that I have my hug-a-bub i'm thinking i'm going to use it more often now..... its' AWESOME!!!!!
    I was told with the hugabub to put it on before i leave the house that way when you get to the shops you can have it on already and just have to put Grace into it!!! Easy.

Thanks Ren, looks like what I'm after too and good that DH can wear it. I'm going to suss out how much he would use it before I decide. Because if he's really not going to use it then bugger him and I'll get one like the peanut shell in a pretty pattern for me!!
    Where can I buy a peanut shell btw?

i think arimeh sells them hun

Heaven, I have a hotsling and I love it!!! So great and simple to use - you just pop it on, pop baby in and away you go. I didn't want something that I had to spend ages putting it on so it suited me perfectly. I'm looking for something else though as he doesn't feel so secure in it now because he's so tall, but I will still use it.

ooh.... thanks Kitten!

Thanks Kel, I just found somewhere that sells them here too so I'm going to go try them out!! LOL, ok I mean thanks Trillian, I just looked at the av!

ROFL! Gotcha!