Thread: *Grunt* Too big for bath already

Default *Grunt* Too big for bath already

I am just soooo annoyed...

we bought a bath/change table combo thing, and we have used it only a hand full of times, as Kiara goes in the shower with DH most nights, but when I need to bath her during the day for some reason or another, I have to use the bath, well now she kicks and plays and hit her head on the end all the time, same thing in the Laundry troff, and our bath is a big corner bath, so is too big for just putting her in, as it has steps up to it, and I have to get in... While we are both home I don't mind as DH can dry her etc while Im getting out, but when i am doing it on my own, I end up freezing coz I am trying get her done before I dry myself... I so would not have bought a baby bath like that if I had known, I would have bought a change table with draws!

*grunt over*

Any ideas?

OK...I usually have Paige's bouncer next to the bath, on that I lay 2 towels.

I lay my own towel and dressing gown out as well.

I undress and hop in, then undress Paige on her bouncer (Its the old fashioned net ones with the wire frame) then bring her into the bath...the bouncer means Paige is high up and I am not leaning too far over to pick her up.

Once we have finished...I pop her back onto the bouncer and wrap her in the 2 towels. I get out and dry myself and pop my dressing gown on...then tend to her.

She may grizzle a little, but with two towels wrapped around her I know she is warm enough until I get my gown on.

HTH

woops - Just read you have steps into the bath...I guess you could still follow this, but both get in and out at the same time??

Thanks Chrissy... that is a great idea... will try that one definately!

Mel we have a corner bath as well which is shocking, so I totally understand. Have you tried laying a towel on the bottom of the bath & just filling it up a tiny bit & having Kiara lay on that? It's really helpful when you are home alone.

We're the same.. Jesse's head and feet touch either end of his bath! We have the same change table and bath but use a seperate bath my sister gave me so i dont have to mop up the change table each time. I was going to try Jesse in the bath with me yesterday but i had a really bad headache so we just used his little bath.. will endevour to attempt the bath again tomorrow. But im the same.. its hard using the big bath as ill need DH to be there to lift him out and to bath him in there myself will be too hard and the laundry tup is too small..

Fraser Guest

Charlie had two baths in his baby bath!!

We bought a bath insert - it sticks to the bottom of the bath and you only fill up enough to cover them - its fantastic - I sit on the end with my feet in the bath either side of him.

He loves it because he can kick around alot more than if Simon and I were in the bath holding him

I've got one of those too. They are annoyingly small!

Caleb goes in the big bath for a proper bath every 2nd day. The other day I do a top and tail and wash his hair over the bathroom basin if it needs a wash.

I have taken him in the shower too, though he's not all that keen on that.

When our DD got too big for the bath I bought a big plastic storage container from bunnings and bathed her in that. It gave us a few months until she was old enough to be happy in the big bath with me. And then we used it for storage so was not a complete waste of money the only thing is, it gets heavy when full of water but i used to use a bucket to put it on the garden.