Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 00 clothes

Default 00 clothes

I know this is probably hard to answer but at approx what age did your child grow into 00 clothes (not bond wondersuits cause I know they're small). I'm expecting my son to be approx 53 plus cent (8lb 15oz plus) at birth going on last child and the fact this ones growing faster.

I"m trying to work out whether I'll need 00 for winter given bubs is due mid June

My bubba is in 00 now and he's nearly 4 months old. I packed all his 000 away 2-3 weeks ago. He's only little though - 60cm now. We startede off in 0000 though...I'd stock up on 000 first - that should last a couple of months at least...then by the time your ready to buy 00 it will all be on special again for the summer stock - hehe.

Paige was born the end of June and was in 00 by 6wks, but she was 57cm long at birth, so she grew out of 000 jumprsuits really quickly, but in the separates (pants and tops) she got away with wearing 000 for a bit longer (around 10wks) because some of them were big sizing anyway. It varies so much between different brands too, so one item in a 000 may look as big as a 00 in another brand IYKWIM?

Unless he is a really big baby at birth, 000 will be fine and will probably last you through winter. So I wouldn't stock up too much because you will end up with new clothes he has hardly worn much. When you are shopping, compare the sizes between 000 and 00 because sometimes there is not much difference, other times theres alot.

HTH

Lily was born 9lb 7oz and went into 0000 amazingly enough until she was about 1 month old, so i'd say she went into 00 when she was about 5-6mths old, but only because she was so long and thinned out a lot since birth, 00 was still pretty baggy though.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Jonah was born early and he was 7lb 5 1/2oz and 54cms and he was in 0000 for a little while. He is now 7 months old is 9.6 kilos (more than 21lbs) and 74cms and he wears 00 tops and 0 pants.

Matthew was in 00 the longest as he platueaed on his weight for a few months. So he was probably 4 months? He was in them until about 8 months I think.

Hope this helps!

Coco is well and truly in 00's at 9 weeks. She was 53 cm. I find that the 000's are a bit tight now. Some she still wears, but she wears 00 comfortably and has done for at least 2 weeks, maybe more. xo

Matilda was 8lb 14oz and 53cm when born, she was in 0000 for 4 weeks and then 000 for a few months. Because of some clothes having different sizes she wore some 000 for 6 months but any body suit she grew out of at around 4 months into 00. HTH!

btw...Matilda shot up to 97 percentile in height and stayed at 50 percentile for weight and is still there now.

Colleen Guest

Jaykob was in 00's from birth,a few 000's fitted but generally everything was 00's. He was 10 pound.

HTH

Paris was very strange, so I'm really worried about whats going to happen with seth LOL!

She was in 0000 at birth (she was 9lb1oz 55 cms) then she was about 000 from about 4 weeks to about 4 mths maybe 5 and she was in 00 for a long while.

I have no idea what to expect with Seth!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Thanks a lot everyone - just couldn't quite remember what DS did (although have found a few photos to help me out) and wanted to get an idea of whether he was normal (not that there ever is a normal LOL). I'm also in opposite seasons to when DS#1 came along so working out what I'll be using from his hand me downs and what I need to buy is proving to be a challenge.

Makes it a bit tricky when they are in different seasons too. Erin was October and got given alot of 00 and even 0 summer clothes and most never fitted her right because she wasn't a real chubby bub, but because Paige was bigger during summer she got more wear out of Erin's summer clothes than Erin did. That might happen with your bub too Jaspen.

Milo was a 10 pounder, and he was in 00 from about 4 weeks, and is still in them now, but I don't know for how much longer.

It can't hurt to have some 00's, you can always buy some smaller clothes - its worse to go out and buy 0000 or 000 clothes that you won't get to use.

Kaitlyn was 9Pound 2 Oz and was in Target 00 around 3 -4months and Pumpkin patch around 3-4.5months. Bonds are so small ...she has been in O since she was 4months old!.

Shame there is not a universal sizing system for baby clothes ..and us to !.

Cass

jcm73 Guest

Hi there. My babies comparisons won't help much because I had two tiny babies. Molly was 6lb8oz and Ruby was 6lb6oz, but the thing I wanted to mention was that with the suits, its not just the length top to toe that counts but also the torso length. Molly was still wearing 000 bodysuits when she was 8mths old - she was a long baby (97th percentile), but it was all in the legs - her torso was quite little, so she got really good wear out of her one pieces, even the bonds ones. She's 2 now, and is still wearing size 1 for some things. Ruby is 9 weeks and is still 0000 size, but I'm putting her in 000 because I don't want to see her in the same few clothes all the time. She looks funny because her clothes are swimming on her at the moment, but anyway!

Kynan went into OO around 4-5 months I think and is still in them now at 8.5m. He was only 6lb 10oz at birth though.

Dylan was 51.5 cm at birth and now at 3 1/2 months is 65 cm. This means he should fit OO clothes now, but he's already in O in some as he has a long torso so the OO don't do up under crotch anymore! ](*,)

jackson was 6/11 and 48cms (a short ass like his mummy!!) we probably went into 00 at about 6 months and he is still in 00 pants, but in 0 tops - has the tiniest lil' bum, so so cute! - sorry am getting off the subject aren't i!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast