Thread: 1-2-3- magic..

Question 1-2-3- magic..

anyone used this parenting book???

its a gentle parenting book, just wondering if anyone has used it. a friend lent it to me.

AJP - I work in early childhood and it is a model which we find is easy for parents to understand while also being gentle. I have attended a course on it and have used it in consultation with parents but we don't use it with all the children in the centre where i work. If you can get a hold of the DVD that goes with the book it may be helpful. One of the key aspects of the program(like any behaviour management) is to be consistant and follow through no matter where you are and also to remember that time out is just that, time out from the situation. It doesn't matter if the child is in their room playing, you have defused the negative behaviour and have taught them that you will follow through. I think it can work really well and have seen it in action but again, you need to be consistant and make sure the rest of your childs caregivers are on board aswell.
    HTH

I did the 123 Magic course a few years ago. I highly highly highly recommend it IT CHANGED MY LIFE!! Like Olivesmummy said- the key is to be consistant.

awesome to hear!!!!!!
    thanks ladies! hoping to see some improvment in her behaviour soon

so far so good only started the 'stop' behaviour as thats as far as ive read!

Sounds interesting Jols, you'll have to let me know how you go with it!

will do hun!