Thread: 10months old and still no teeth!

Default 10months old and still no teeth!

My DS is 10 months old on Sunday and he still has no teeth! He's always chewing on his fingers and everyone keeps saying "oooh he's teething, he's definitely teething" but to be honest, he's done this since he was 4 months old!
    Just wondering how many other late teethers there are out there and when did they finally start coming through?

My DD is ten months old and only got her first tooth a couple of weeks ago. People have also been saying since she was 2 months old that she was teething!

It's pretty late but not late enough to be concerned about though I don't think.

My Sam has just hit 9 months and NO SIGN OF TEETH...i think she looks cute....

Like others have said, dont worry, have you ever seen a 2yr old with no teeth ?? They will come...later the better if you ask me....

morgan78 Guest

Hi
    My DS got his 1st tooth between 10 & 11 months and had all of his baby teeth before he was 2. Enjoy the gummy smiles for a little longer

Rylee was 12 months when she got her first tooth, and me too!! A paediatrician told me it was heriditary - do you know how old you and your Dh/DP were?

Laurin

Thanks ladies for the quick replies
    I love the gummy smiles too!
    And i HATE hearing "ooh he's teething" everytime he puts something in his mouth, which is pretty much every minute that he's awake.
    Just wondered if it was something to be concerned about or not or if there were plenty of bubs who didn't get their teeth til later on.
    I've also heard that the later they get them, the better it is and the less painful it is? Not sure about that but, heres hoping!
    Last edited by Madissun; June 18th, 2008 at 01:25 PM. Reason: sp

My eldest was 10mths when he got his first tooth - just in time for Christmas LOL. I wouldn't say that it makes it easier for them to get them later - he still did a fair amount of crying from them and he was off his food for a week or so and got lovely teething poos. Oddly though each one has gotten them a little earlier than the previous one - my 2nd got her first at 9mths, my 3rd got them at nearly 8mths and my fourth has more teeth at nearly 9mths than the others did at 12mths LMAO.

Don't know about the correlation between us getting them and when our kids do - I was born with two teeth and Dh got them at the *average* time. The only thing I have noticed though was that my eldest started losing his baby teeth later than his classmates - so maybe the later they get them the longer they have baby teeth for?

I know someone who's little boy didn't get his first till after 12 months. He's got 4 now and he's 15 months. My little man was 8 months and now has 9. He's also teethed "out of order"... got front top and bottom 2 then went straight to 3 molars and now has 4 top front.

Harrison is 16 months old and has only just broken his 3rd tooth through... he got his first around 14 months... another bub in my baby buddies group is the same.
    The MCHN told me that sometimes the teeth just grow slower... they're there, they just take a little while longer to come through.
    Being a gummy bubba has never stopped Harrison... he has been eating everything he can get his hands on... even with no teeth!
    Plus, as someone else mentioned, gummy smiles are so gorgeous.

My son got his first teeth at 13 months - yes that's right teeth, not tooth. Within a week there were five! The incredible thing is it was during a time of good sleeping, normal poos, no fevers, temperatures, nappy rash or food refusal! I have no idea if him being older made it easier or we were just lucky but teething has not been a problem in our house other than me stressing for months and months that they weren't coming!

We had one more pop out at 14 months with no dramas there either. All the best, and I'm sure they are there somewhere and coming soon. Also there is no truth to the idea that they need teeth to eat certain foods - they have very tough little gums and some babies won't eat finger food even with 10 teeth!

Good luck.

My DD didn't get her first tooth until 10 months.

DS got his two bottom teeth at six months, and then he didn't get any more until 10 months either.

My friends little boy got his first tooth at 14 months and then got the rest quite quickly following that. She did have an awful time with him teething though, so I think it's the same no matter what age - it depends on the child. She was actually told that it can be more painful because the gum has toughended slightly due to chewing and eating not sure how true that is though...

Thanks ladies... I'll stop worrying now and be patient! Sounds like lots of bubs get their first teeth later on.

Rosead - Thank you...I was wondering about finger foods and no teeth! It's for this reason that i dont really give him any finger foods (well, apart from toast and grated carrot/apple)! I was too scared he'd choke because he cant chew them!

They will *gum* their food surprisingly well even with no teeth, so you should have no problems with finger food - the same rules apply if they have teeth or not really.