Thread: 11mths and still not crawling

Fire Fly Guest

Default 11mths and still not crawling

I know all kids are different and they will achieve milestones at different rates but i have nothing to compare DS to other than friends kids. Who by the way are crawling and walking along furniture now.
    DD was in a plaster cast through most of developeing stage so i cant go off her.

He gets on his knees and rocks and then gets on his tummy and then gets cranky cause he cant go anywhere from there. He scootchers around on his bum fine but gets annoyed cause he cant move about like his sister. He tries to pull himself up on furniture but he only gets to his knees.

My son is extremely lazy i think, he knows how to roll but wont, he wont go from front to back when on the belly, he hates being on his belly.

Is he normal or what.

cazoraz Guest

Completely normal, every child is different as to when they will reach their milestones.

My kids are slow to move physically aswell - DD didnt crawl forwards til 10months and DS didnt crawl until 12months. i try not to worry about it as I see my DD 3.5yr old now who runs around like a maniac and I sorta wish she still wasnt crawling :P

I agree...they are all different so dont worry!. I remember thinking the same thing with Kaitlyn not crawling and then walking. But now that she is basically running around it does not seem to matter when it all started!

Fire Fly Guest

Thanks girls, its nice to hear its not just my lazy little man. Im sure he will do it when his ready, its just im ready for him to walk *now* cause he is so heavy to carry around.
    He achieves something different every week so as long as that keeps happening then i shouldnt worry i guess.

My little (not so light) man is only commando crawling and he is just over 12 months.
    He has started to pull himself up onto his knees when holding onto the couch so I think he may skip the tradtional crawling.

Each baby is different and your little one is content not to crawl I wouldnt worry. I do know what you mean about bubs being heavy to carry though. Jordan is 13 kilo and gets like a led weight after a while.

Aidyn never commando crawled (not even 1cm) and then at 10 months he finally started crawling in the 'normal' way. His first step was pretty much spot on 12 months, and he was walking well by 13 months.

My little sister never crawled at all, and just bum shuffled everywhere.

I also think that its perfectly normal for them to all do things differently, and at their own pace. The fact that he can get around, even if by bum-shuffle, is great, and makes me think thats just normal for him!

Hi Fire

I wouldnt worry to much as some kids dont crawl. They sit and then all of a sudden start pulling themselves up on things. or they just start walking. Is there a clinic you can go to to get advice. I wouldnt worry to much as all kids are different.

Good luck hun

mo3 Guest

Just want quickly add - I never crawled... ever. Nor did my brother.

And I didn't walk 'till I was 20 months.

Its interesting to see how they develop differently.
    Evan was really early for Crawling & walking. He was crawling by 4/5 months & walking well by 9.5 months. Yet he took ages for his speach to develop well.
    Glenn on the other hand wasn't walking well till about 13 months. Crawled around 7 months I think. It was weird (and hard) having him take longer to do those things as Evan had set the "normal" for us at such a young age.
    It will be interesting to see how Isla develops these skills.

Kerrie, Like you said, as long as Jay is meeting something new each week etc, don't worry.

Olivia didnt start crawling until she was 12 months and walking at 17months. She was developing her strengths in other areas!!!! LOL She was reading before she went to school and is now academically exceptional across all learning areas..all kid are different!

Jo

NewmumLou Guest

I use to teach a little boy like that, and it was funny he skipped the crawling a started walking be4 everyone else!