Thread: 12months- how many bottles?

mumtomax Guest

Default 12months- how many bottles?

Max turned one two days ago. he currently has 3 bottles a day of s26gold 6-12 months and i am planning to switch to the toddler formula. do I still give him 3 bottles a day or is one at night and one in the morning ok? he is a bit fussy with solids and sometimes i wonder if he had one less bottle he would be encouraged to eat more?? i would appreciate any advice . thanks

Stormi Guest

Happy birthday Max!

Makenzie turned one yesterday. She still has 3-4 bottles a day. She has one when she first wakes up, then breakfast, then depending on her sleep will have either another bottle then lunch, or lunch first then a bottle, then a bottle usually 4.30pm then dinner and then a bottle before bed. Some days, depending on how much she eats, she only has 3 bottles.

I can't remember with my other two kids when they switched to two bottles. I think at around 12 months they should be having at least 600ml of dairy a day, including things like yoghurt, cheese etc (pretty sure it's 600 ml, don't quote me on it though).

mumtomax Guest

Hi Stormi,

Happy Birthday to Mackenzie too!!

Does Mackenzie have baby formula , toddler formula or cows milk in her bottles?

max has baby formula ( s26 6-12 months ) but i was planning to switch him to the toddler version which is from 12months

xox laura

My little guy who's 1 is still having 4-5 bottles per day plus solids.!!! I found that every time i cut one out, he would wake up at midnight for another anyway.

wow!! Jackson has one 260ml bottle of cows milk @ about 5.30pm. He has three meals a day, although is very picky with them at the moment and snacks in between.

I can't remember ever really weaning him down, he just sorta did it on his own, god I can remember when he was having 6 or 7 a day, what a nightmare, I felt like all I was put on this earth to do was feed him!!

At 12 months old Aidyn was having at least 3x 240ml bottles during the day, and sometimes even a 4th one during the night.
    I switched him to Toddler formula at 12 months (s26) but then I didnt like the fact that it said you could mix it with milk OR water, and I didnt know how much to mix, so I went back to the normal Step 2 formula for a few more months.
    Then I made the swtich to Heinz Nurture Toddler formula, which you just mix with water, and doesnt smell all vanilla-ish like the s26 did... it also doesnt seem to be as sticky/sugary.
    At 2 years old he is now on 2x 180ml bottles.

Stormi Guest

Makenzie is still on the S26 Step 2 stuff (6-12 months). I'm wondering whether to start introducing cows milk or not. I know my boys went to cows milk. My eldest went to cows milk at 10 months as I was still b/f but was weaning and he refused any formula at all, but would drink cows milk. My paediatrician said just give him cows milk, as I was gradually swapping over one feed a day to cows milk.

Makenzie loves yoghurt and cheese, so she usually gets those every day, plus the usual meat, vegies, fruit etc. She still loves her bottles though.

Our Mackenzie Rose at 12 months (she's just turned 2) was on 2 bottles a day - I weaned her to cows milk pretty much from 12 months. She was a great eater of solids so she was easy to drop bottles from. Like Min, I don't really remember dropping the bottles she really did it herself. When she wasn't really interested in a bottle or didn't drink much I think from memory the next day I just tried her without it and we went from there. Every baby is different and some need the extra bottles to get thru the day. Just play it by ear and see how you go.