Thread: 14 week old not a happy chap

Default 14 week old not a happy chap

my usually happy boy unless he has a stomach ache (not sure if its colic or something im eating as im breastfeeding) has not been happy the past 2 days. he is usually so easy going during the day, enjoys the pram, doesnt really cry unless tired or hungry but i cant seem to figure out whats wrong? he has been waking every hour at night when usually goes 3-4 during the night,,isnt even very interested in the boob when i offer at night, has short day naps..and just doesnt seem himself
    my first was such a colicky baby screaming all day and night for the first 4 months i feel so blessed with this one but now dont know whats happening?? perhaps growth spurt or i know he is young but he is drooling ALOT and trying to eat fists all the time and gets frustrated ..could be teething? any thoughts? im going to try an amber necklace i bought today and see if this helps. sorry for the ramble! just feel at a loss

Hi there guccibabe. It does seem quite young for teething, tho not unheard of! Is he running a temp, how are his nappies nice and wet, normal poos? Is he happy/settled if he is cuddled. It could be a growth spurt or he could be a bit sick. I'd try popping him in a sling/carrier during the day and maybe try taking him to bed with you at night. He is still very young so it won't be getting him into 'bad' habits etc. If it gives you a bit of peace and quiet just do it!!! If you are worried about him it can't hurt to go to a doctor. They can just set your mind at ease, rule out any ear infections etc
    HTH

drooling and fist chewing is just a developmental stage. Mia started this about 2 months old. Have you eaten anything different these past couple days?? Hows your let down? could he be fussing coz its not happening quick enough for his liking. Could he have reflux? does he get upset when hes flat on his back? How many day sleeps is he having? How many feeds in 24 hours?? how are his wet and dirty nappies?

sorry bout all the questions, just think it would be better to know a little more. Sleep vibes for you tonight!

he sleeps next to me anyway.. so does my almost 3 year old! who sill wakes at night arghhh. having them next to me is the only option im too buggered to get up anyway!
    i ate alot of bad foods iccreams etc 2 days ago so i wonder if this is it. i have been promising myself i would try to cut out chocolate in my diet and see if this helps
    because he usually wakes during the day with what seems like a tummy ache then seems to feel better and happier once he has done a poo. and they are quite mucousy. he has plenty of wet nappies and he seems to be putting on weight very well. the past few days he isnt even settling while being cuddled. i have to do the jiggle and colic rock lol
    my 3 year old just woke up with a bad cough last night.. perhaps he is not 100%? although he doesnt have a temp or a cough?
    he woke up this evening crying and then did an explosive poo and now just went to bed like his old self laying net to me i hope we have a better night. i have a feeling its my diet! i went through all of this with my first and it was so hard to try and pinpoint any particular foods! but maybe eliminating choc is a start. dam its my weakness!!!
    Last edited by guccibabe; March 18th, 2009 at 11:14 PM.

I read somewhere that mucosy poo's can be a sign of a cold. Apparently the snotty stuff goes into their belly and in turn out with their poo. Is his poo normally mucosy? If not maybe a trip to the doc just to check him out might be a good idea, will save you having to give up chocolate maybe!

My ds had a cold last week but he didn't really have a stuffy nose or anything, the only reason I knew he had a cold was that I had a cold a few days before so I assumed he got it from me and he was throwing up phlegm. He was also waking up nearly hourly while he wasn't 100% so maybe your boy is a little unwell.