Thread: 15 Months Tantrums

Default 15 Months Tantrums

My DD turned 15 months yesterday and for the last two weeks she has been throwing tantrums. I'm new to this as she has been a well behaved little girl so far. But now, she is screaming and throwing her head back and going 'OWWWWWW'.

She is getting her double teeth, both bottom and top, she's been very grumpy and been having a hard time doing #2s, and she screams a lot. Is this all related to her teeth pains? Or it some it due to the fact that at this age they act like this?

Sharon - My DD is 2 days older than yours and yeap she's got the tantrums down to a fine art too! She stomps her feet and cries. I think it's probably just a phase, but could be to do with her teeth too.

We started getting them about this time too - maybe a little earlier?
    Teeth and tiredness do play a biggggg part in them.
    We have the most brilliant teething remedy from Weleda. If she is being a right madam, we give her a dose of that (just 1/4t powder in a teaspoon with some water) and she swallows it all down no problems.
    Sometimes a second dose after about 20mins is neccesary, but it makes an enormous difference to her outlook on life on troublesome evenings.

Kirsty77 Guest

Gemma is 14 months and has been having full on tanties for the last 2 months. She chucks them due to her teeth, not getting her way, getting told no, and when shes tired. I hate the screaming that she does, it drives me up the wall!!

Yep, we started getting tantrums not too long after Kynan's 1st birthday I think. I agree with Fiona about teething and tiredness having a lot to do with it. Catching all of his cues quickly (hunger, tiredness, frustration etc) and sorting them out does help a lot. Sometimes they're just unavoidable though and it can be horribly frustrating and exhausting for both of us. Kynan throws himself backwards, screams, goes all stiff & won't sit in my lap or his car seat...

Yeah I think my DD started throwing tanties at about that time - before that she barely cried so it was a nasty shock.
    Teething plays a part but unfortunately you'll find it's a regular occurence now even when her teeth aren't bothering her
    Wait till they can talk and they're throwing tantrums AND verbally going off their tree...now that is fun!

Ahhh!!! *shudders* I get jittery just thinking about when she can scream AT me in the shopping centres! Ah, this must be pay back from when I yelled at my mum!

Hmm glad to read this as Louis has started throwing tantrums as well. Mainly when he's tired but the little terror has started to hit me now as well! and throw things!
    It's obviously frustrations for them - I'm not sure how to help - I just try to distract him or give him cuddles.
    It's frustrating for me though because my family all tell me to smack him - which I'm not going to do - as they think he'll turn into a nasty little boy.
    I'm hoping it is just a stage also!

Well it appears that they must all do it as Jordan can chuck a tanti like the rest of them
    He will arch his back and scream if you try and sit him down or put him in high chair when he doesnt want to.
    I tell him no and try to calm him down best I can. A little distraction can be good, I take him out to see the dogs or the ducks.

Like you Kristie i am so not one for smacking. I have given him a pat on his hand once or twice and said NO, nothing hard though. I couldnt do it to him

I am sure he will grow out of it eventually but for now I will take it in my stride