Thread: 19 week old wiggles out of anri roll thing

Default 19 week old wiggles out of anri roll thing

he normally has always slept on his back, until recently he is trying to lye on his side, anyway i use the munchkin anti roll cushion but he starts off in it but end up half way up the cot on his own with no cushion... Im worried he may roll onto his tummy Any suggestions.

I personally think he is ok to sleep how he likes now.

If he can roll onto his tummy he should be fine to lift his head to more comfy positions ..

Nic, so you think that if he can lift his head which he can quite well if he did roll onto him tummy he would not smother himself he would instinctivly move his head so he can breathe like we do... ???? (im a paranoid 1st time mum) .....

I kind of agree with Aussienic but only you can see what his mobility skills are like. When you put him on tummy time does he push up with his arms etc? Can he roll from front to back? ie. If he gets on his tummy can he get out of it or move his head? Moss bubs who can roll from back to front can do these things. My bub started sleeping on his side from 5 months and once he started wouldnt really sleep any other way. He ends up in all kinds of positions (with his head the totally different end or sideways). He hasnt rolled onto his front yet but he can push up and can roll from front to back.

hi Meegm- my 7 week old sleeps on her tummy, and has been for the past 4 weeks. She has good head control and is able to turn her head from side to side.

Hi Meegm, if you are concerned, then look into getting an alternative product, or even placing him further down towards the foot of the cot so he has no room to wriggle down. If he does have good mobility and head control, then let him be and see if he does roll over during a day sleep - if he manages fine during the day, then there is probably no reason to worry about him overnight. It's coming up to summer and you wouldn't have as much bedding in the cot anyway to worry about him getting under blankets either.

When my elest DD was 8wks old she could roll over onto her tummy and it worried me no end, but once I realised she was able to move her head I didn't worry so much about it.

ETA - just moving this to Baby and Toddler General Discussion too...

Quote Originally Posted by meegm View Post
    Nic, so you think that if he can lift his head which he can quite well if he did roll onto him tummy he would not smother himself he would instinctivly move his head so he can breathe like we do... ???? (im a paranoid 1st time mum) .....
    I would say so and as for paranoid 1st time mum. I am the most paranoid one around .. About to do it for a 4th time.

I also own a sound and movement monitor for the extra peace of mind

Thanks for that ladies, i have just let him do his stuff and hes still fine, He has really good head contorl and has had since o nly a few weeks old... if you puit him on his tummy he does push himself up and look around, he hasnt gone from his back to his tummy yet but he can roll from his tummy to his back... Well i think he is probably gonna be cool so thanks girls i do feel a little better about it now..

TA !

I asked this question to one of the community nurses and they said as long as he can lift his head then its fine. DS started to sleep on his tummy from about 17 weeks and in the beginning it was scary and I kept going in his room and rolling him back, but once they can roll there's not much you can do about it