Thread: 2 cars, 2 carseats?

Default 2 cars, 2 carseats?

If you have 2 cars do you also have a carseat in each and if you were to have a 2nd bub would you just put the 2 carseats into one car or would you buy another carseat for each car?

DH & I are just trying to decide what to do atm so any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!

I think it would depend how you use your cars. For example, if one car is only ever used for driving one of you to work, then I'd just get seats for that one. If you are likely to use both cars for family trips, then it would probably make life easier if you are able to get seats for both cars.

Personally if I already had a seat in each car for one baby, I'd be likely to get another 2 seats if I had 2, so both cars were ready to use (assuming finances allowed, of course!).

I bought an extra carseat for my sisters car as DH rides gis Harley to work, I have a car seat in my car & 1 in my sisterts & Mum & Dad have my nieces old one... If/when we have another bay (as Maddy is 7 & not in a car seat anymore) we'd probably buy 2 more... 1for us & 1 for my sister, as Mum & dad live behind our house & we could leave the car seat out during week, as I only go to work & back.. (does that make sense!?)

mooshie Guest

we have 2 car seats - one newborn to 4yrs (or whatever it is lol) and the other to be used 6mths up. we always have one car seat in each car and we also have a booster seat in my car that just whips in and out between cars (much to 5yrs ds disgust that he still has to have a booster seat lol) and we have always hired a capsule for 6mths when newborns and have the capsule set up in my car and the convertible car seat in dh's car - if that all makes sense, but yeah i think financially if you can afford it then 2 car seats are the wtg - you shouldn't need the second one to be a convertible one just the ones 6mths up should be sufficient.

check out the sales lately - big w have a sale on stuff like that atm i think

Thanks guys

Michelle, that's a great idea to get the 2nd one as a 6m+ seat. We might go that way and keep an eye out for the sales on them! Then when we have bub #2 we can either put them both in the one car or look at getting another seat.

We have a car seat in each car. DH has a bigger car, so we use it on weekends, plus if I need to do a big shop I take his for the day. We could swap one over, but it has taken a lot of hassle out of it.