Thread: 2 sleeps to 1

Default 2 sleeps to 1

i know i have read this somewhere but i cant find it anywhere
    but my dd is not really wanting her morning sleep any more
    she is 10 months. is it too early to put her to 1 sleep a day?

You won't know if its too early until you try

DS was about 14 months when he truly went to one sleep - day care did it at 10 months though, but he would crash in the car (after 20 minutes of screaming) after I picked him up. So I don't think he was quite ready at 10 months but by 14 months, he just wouldn't let me put him down for those 9.30 and 1.30 naps - would just fight and fight - so we just moved up the first nap gradually to 11.30 and he would sleep till 2.30 not a problem.

My DD#3 was prob around 8mths when she dropped to 1 sleep. Due to running around here or there, i found it hard to be home for her AM sleep. Resulting in her dropping that sleep quite early if you ask me. She just had the big arvo sleep. Down around 1pm, up no later than 330pm.

I think 10mths is a pretty normal age for them to go from 1 to 2....

My nearly 10mo can have 1 nap some days and 2 others. I always try him for the early nap, but if he doesnt go down, we have an early afternoon sleep. Seems to work out ok.

yeah she has dropped it herself but she has always been stuburn with her sleeps so i didnt knwo if it was just a stuburn streak or she would be ready.

I just assumed my DS was ready as he can play happily in the mornings till about 12.30 pm, but I love his morning sleeps, and I think I have been the one who is pushing to keep him sleeping... especially on the weekends, I used to love getting back into bed at 9am, for a quick "sleepin"...