Thread: 2nd baby gifts

Default 2nd baby gifts

Heres hoping this is ok in this section!

Good friends of ours are expecting their 2nd child in December, they know that they are having a 2nd little boy. So Im wondering for those people out there who have 2 of the same sex, what were some of the really lovely and/or useful gifts you got for the 2nd bub? Or for anyone else who might just have a few ideas to throw my way or something you wished you had gotten, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

We got given some joint toys for when they were older (things to add to wooden train set when given to DS1)
    Books
    Hooded towel

we also got clothes, toys and teddy's as is nice for the 2nd to have some of there "own" things, also helps if older child jealous of baby having there toys when a bit bigger.

You could get voucher

Anything keepsake (photo frames, money boxes etc).
    A soft toy
    Nappies
    Wipes
    Towels
    creams, powders, shampoos.
    A nice blanket or quilt - depends on how many they already have.
    Dummys
    Bottles (depends)

Basically anything aside from clothing, or big items that would already be owned because of the first child.

something special that's just for them IYKWIM. so much will be shared and we have asked ppl to do a combined gift (if they want) for our baby shower to get this bubba a 'special' blanket. DD got one from a dear friend at her naming ceremony and she loves it and i want to keep it just for her and so thought that it would be nice if DD2 could also have her very 'own' special blanket.

I agree with the keepsakes, or maybe a special little outfit.

I didn't have a shower or sprinkle for my second, but she also didn't get many gifts when she was born. I look at the stuff DD1 got and what DD2 didnt get and there is a huge difference. In the end I felt bad and went and bought a heap of special little albums/frames etc.

Another idea is money towards a second car seat, maybe from a group of people.

I agree with little keepsakes, something JUST FOR HIM, if he is having his own room maybe a nice name plaque?
    I found that even though we had sheets etc for DD1 i really wanted a blanket just for DD2, i wanted to be able to keep 1 or 2 of their blankets for them for later on.
    A towel or blanket with his name on it?
    A 'brotherly love' photo frame (or 2, 1 each)? Everywhere was sold out of sisterly love ones when i had DD2 and i would have really liked a frame each for the girls with a picture of their first meeting... i am still on the lookout but might make something myself.

I know it's not a given but i think sometimes it's nice to get the other child a little something aswell, maybe a little toy car... depending on the older childs age they can get a bit funny about all the attention on mum and presents for bub so even the phot frame works well.

I am having my 3rd girl soon... am hoping that instead of more clothes, I will get some nappies, wipes, toiletries/creams or something keep sake. I love the blankets/towels with their name and d.o.b on it. Or a teddy that is theirs. DD2 and DD3 will be the same season babies... so I have loads and loads of clothes for dd3 when she comes. Oh yeah and nothing big thats already around the house!

Thanks so much everyone for your great ideas! Think we might go with a nice keepsake and a 'nappy cake' filled with baby essentials. I also like the embroidered towel or blanket. Definately getting a little gift for the new big brother Appreciate everyones help, I didnt want to get them something that was of no point.