Thread: 2nd Car seat placement

Question 2nd Car seat placement

Hi all,
    I have a little girl aged 2 yrs in a car seat and have number 2 due in December. I am going to hire a capsule. I was just wondering where I should place the seats. Should I put one on the left and one on the right - thus rendering the middle seat useless or should I put one in the middle and one on the side? And if I do this should I put the capsule or the upright seat in the middle? What is easiest on the back?

What have you done and are you happy with it???

Your advice would be really appreicated!

Carrie we are in the same predicament as you, but have decided to go with 1 on the left and 1 on the right, only because we have a big car and it would mean almost climbing in to either get the capsule or Tori out. As we dont use the middle seat that much I am not that concerned.

I also dont want to put Tori and the baby right next to each other incase she leans in there while I am driving and does something to him (not that she would intentionally but YKWIM).

Thanks Ali - What sort of car do you have? We have just bought a holden commadore. It would be good to have an extra seat just in case we need to fit an extra person, however mum said the same thing about putting DD next to the bub....hmm dilemma!!

We have Lily in a booster seat on the left side and Charlie in a car seat in the middle. I like the way better because i can Lily out and then Charlie out on the same side.

We have one on each side. As mentioned above I was a bit worried about DS doing something to DD while we were driving. He can be a bit of a terror. We had a commodore and with a car seat on each side could still fit a person in the middle.( I fit and I am Big) I hope you work it out soon...

Ellie

I have Zyon in rearwardfacing carseat behind passenger seat & Indah in her car seat in the middle as I was told this is the safest!
    I get Indah in & out first & then Zyon, I have a Hyundai Santa Fe & usually use both sides of the acr but have also got Indah out through same side!

We are going to put one on each side.

I'm just not sure which one yet. I will probably put the car capsule on the right, because i would rather me be on the road then getting DS out on the road.

With our car (Nissan Pulsar) i don't think i have much choice. With DS currently in the middle it impinges on each of the other seats, so i don't really feel that i can put them next to each other. But i can't for see anyone sitting there anyway (cos for us 2 car seats/capsules really takes up 2.5 seats), and if i needed to put somebody in the back i could always move a car seat across (which only takes a few mins anyway).

And also this way i avoid DS touching/hitting/doing whatever to the baby.

Thanks for your replies!
    Tracey- Do find that Indah interferes with Zyon at all? - she is about the same age as my DD.