Thread: 2yo putting finger up his nose

Default 2yo putting finger up his nose

At first it was just sometimes, now it's quite a lot. How normal is this? Does anyone have any strategies for stopping it? It really isn't a good look

I think it's fairly normal, afterall how do you know your nose has an inside and what it feels like if you don't stick a finger up and check it out?

I try not to pay much too much attention to it because I don't want to make it a big deal, so I just suggest to Yasin that maybe he might want to take his finger out of his nose because it's yucky but I don't force the issue. I find distraction often works - busy fingers don't have as much time for noses.

My 2yo does this as well, it's driving me crazy.
    No new suggestions here, I'm doing the ignore thing as well. But it's not working

Melanie watch out for peas up there, I kid you not, Matthew started putting peas in his ears and up his nose during his 2nd Birthday Party tea, I was horrified.

Some good idea there girls re finger up the nose.

If you find the answer please let me know because my 5yo still loves to have a good pick around in there

Sorry I don't have any words of wisdom but I have tried the distraction technique with limited success. I know if you make it an issue then they will do it to get a reaction from you.

we try and ignore it in this house.. When i have asked to stop doing it DD responds with a finger up each nose..

She likes having a good play with her little nose, she tells me it feels good? i just giver her a hankie or tissue..

Hopefully she will grow out of it!

Thanks Gals. It sounds like it's not something that's going to stop anytime soon LOL. But on the plus side, distraction has helped a little already...

yes my 4 year old loves a good nose pick the best defence thats not good manners nobody want to see that how about we try a tissuse ? we go through alot of tissuse, if you put them in the bath room then she will pick there so it cant gross everybody else out, lets face it its not like we all dont do it just that there are better places to do it than others be greatful she hasnt found the down stairs department yet, thats a real tough one to deal with lol life is full of suprises isnt it lol
    kath

We taught DD that if she reeeeeeeally wanted to pick her nose, either do it with a tissue or go to your room and do it where no one else can see LOL!

LOL! My DS has just started doing this too! I have found that if I ignore things that he shouldnt be doing....He gets bored with doing it, as he doesnt get a reaction from me....If I give him a reaction, he just keeps doing it, and laughs.