Thread: 2yr old birthday present??

Default 2yr old birthday present??

I'm looking for ideas on what to get my two year old for his birthday. Being the second son and within a family that insist on buying toys for presents we have heaps of stuff already so am looking to see whether I've missed any obvious ones so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

What about extra accessories to go with what he already has? Or some books - you can't ever have too many books. Or something for outdoor play?

Hi there

Do you have a play gym. I brought my DS one a doudle on off ebay for his 2rd bday and he loves it.

Radio Flyer Wagon, Water & Sand Table, Mini Basketball Hoop, Pop up Tent, Something from the Leap Frog range, Craft Supplies, Pretend play work bench.. what are his favourite things?

Chalkboard, swing, puzzles, new pyjamas, quilt cover or accessories for when he goes into a big bed (if not already ).

thanks for the ideas - a lot of them we already have (as expected) but a few we don't so will look into the options.

Cailin - trains and animals are his favourites but we have Thomas stuff coming out our ears and I don't know whether we could fit more really.

Trillian - you are definitely right about books - it is always my back up cause I'm of the same theory - can never have too many.

anyway keep anymore ideas coming and I'll check out some already mentioned that we don't have.

We got Darcy a big girl trike with pedals as opposed to her pedalless trike, a slippery dip, (was going to write furniture for her dolls house but that's not applicaple lol).

Maybe open a dollaroos saving account for him and just put money in there for him for later on down the track? You could also get him something small just to open on his b'day.
    We had to do this as our girls have way too many toys and i refuse to buy any more until they are older and getting bored of the ones they already have. The money is buiding up in there accounts as well as i have now told all family and friends no presents at all as we just want good company and food at parties but if you have to or want to get something put money into their accounts. It has worked really really well for us so far as i am also teaching her about money at the same time. Iukwim.

Small pressies that are great i can recomend bath crayons for the bath, maybe some books for him, a dvd, cubbyhouse for pretend play (more expensive though.)
    HTH
    Just a thought.