Thread: 3 months what are they up to??

Default 3 months what are they up to??

Hi,

My daughter is 11wks and still not lifting her head when having tummy time.

Could you please tell me when your baby starting lifting up and what else they are up to at this age eg. rolling etc etc

Thanks

Alicia xx

For the record, my three were all holding their heads up by that age and Erin and Paige were both rolling over too. Lindsay was a bit later in the rolling dept, but got there in the end.

Please don't try to compare you baby and anyone else's because they all do these milstones at their own pace and will do it eventually. There is no set timeline for it to happen and they will do it when they are ready. My nephew is still not rolling or holding his head up during tummy time (mainly because he rarely gets tummy time because he hates it) and he is over 5 months.

Your little one will do it soon.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Ali,

Charlie is only now holding his head up and is only now trying to figure out how to roll over. He's not keen on tummy time either, and used to just lie there if I put him on his tum.

But he giggled at a young age and slept through at a young age, so in some ways he going great guns, and in others, he's taking his time off the mark. Baby milestones are just guidelines and different bubs will progress at different rates.

Thanks Sherie & Sush!!

Sushee - Charlie looks as gorgeous as ever!! I'm glad you replied as I have been getting really worried, I know they all develop at different rates but "cerebral palsy" has been suggested to me by a "friend", so it's all i've been able to think about.

By the way, how do I put a photo in my signature???

Good to hear from you

Alicia xxxxxxxxxx

OMG @ your "friend" making such a suggestion. Thats a horrible thing to suggest to a mother!! Every baby will develop at a different rate. Have you joined a Baby Buddies group?? I find that my group is excellent as we all share what milestones our babies reach and do you know what - they are all different lol!!!

And to put a photo in your ticker you will need to get a ticker from somewhere like Lilypie or Tickercentral.

Agreed Lea,

Ali, not very nice of your friend to worry you like that!

Hi Alicia

Lucy is nearly 4 months old, and still hates tummy time, and rarely holds her head up and even then not very high.

We went to see the health nurse to get her weighed etc today, and she said she really needs more tummy time, as apparantly she should be rolling by now too (which she is nowhere near).

But I tend to agree with Sherie, all babies are just so different. I mean we have an 8month old baby-friend and he's only just started rolling!

littlerigger Guest

Ryan was lifting his head very early, about 4/5 weeks and rolled for the first time last night, 12 weeks. I agree with everyone else though, each baby develops at a different rate. I also agree that your friend doesn't sound very thoughtful!!

If it is any consolation to you, Olivia couldn't/wouldn't roll until we "trained" her to do it at 11 months......even then you could tell it wasn't a thing she felt comfy or natural with....but if you could see her now, running havoc around the park and swinging like a chimp and climbing.......

She WAS SO SLOW when it came to anything gross motor, but it has all evened out now......

Originally posted by Lucy
    She WAS SO SLOW when it came to anything gross motor, but it has all evened out now......
    That is so true. In a few months time you wont have time to worry about it because you will be busy chasing her everywhere LOL.

You friend needs a lesson in tact though...

I reckon Charlie's a little lazy bum too! I have been helping him along with rolling over, but he's only done it himself twice, and only front to back (my CHN says it's usually back to front first, so yay on him being different!)

But I'm not worried. My goddaughter rolled at 9 months, AFTER she learnt to commando crawl. Go figure.

LOL @ your CHN saying it's usually back to front first. Em only rolls from front to back - and thats because he hates tummy time lmao!! Em's cousin is 6 months and has only rolled over once LOL!