Thread: 3wheeler pram or 4?? they say ther not safe

muma Guest

Default 3wheeler pram or 4?? they say ther not safe

ive been told that my 3 wheeler holden hsv pram, is not safe. i paid $450 for it, and i believe its safe. its strong got suspension. 4 wheelers yeah may be seen safer because they have 4 wheels. but then some say strollers arent safe. it all just depends on the person i guess...

In my experience, it doesn't matter how many wheels or whatever they have ie wide wheel base, they can all tip over if you overload them in the wrong spots.

If you check out the Choice website, they have a list of all the baby items they have road tested.

NewmumLou Guest

I agree, i have a 4 wheeler and i have pushed my sisters 3 wheeler they both are the same. It is like a car, it depends on whoever is driving.

Jess, you're Lachlans mum - do the people who suggested this to you think you would have picked something unsafe for your baby? That's not very diplomatic of them. Trust you sweetie. You're doing a good job.

DH was originally against 3 wheelers as a concept (he is very mechanical minded), but after actually looking at them he changed his mind. He was happy so long as the pram had big wheels and I could use it easily. It really depends on the brand and model of the pram, some 3 wheelers are great and some are not. As Sherie said have a look at Choice to see what they have tested, also they will often have an article on what to look for or to avoid in an item.

I can second what Astrid and Sheree said about "Choice". They have a great section where all baby products are reviewed and tested. It can really put your mind at ease.

I wasn't a fan of the three wheelers either initially as I had also heard they were not stable. We had a four wheel layback pram but due to various problems with it, we had to return it to the manufacturer and get a refund. I used the "Choice" website to help me choose a new pram.

As Astrid said, some of the models are great but some have problems and it is also true that any stroller has the potential to be unstable if it is overloaded or used incorrectly.