Thread: 4 year old Immunisation

Default 4 year old Immunisation

Just a quick question. Does anyone know or can someone confirm my thought on not having immunisations if your child has been ill or had a temperature within 24 hours prior. I was going to take DS for his 4 year injections tomorrow but came home from pre school today as he was not well. I am not sure if i should still take him or not as i don't think it would matter if he waited another few weeks. (He was 4 last week).

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Kas

mooshie Guest

i wouldn't get him immunised if he is not feeling well - mainly for the fact that he is just not himself.

they say the immunisation is for between 4 and 5 yrs old, i know with my son i got his done at the age of 4yrs and 7mths.

maybe wait a week or two especially with christmas coming, you don't want him to be feeling miserable with a virus and also immunisation discomfort when santa arrives.

hope he is better soon

Yes mine wont do injections if they are unwell either.

Love

Thanks ladies, that was my thoughts also i just wanted to get another opinion. As it turns out i didn't take him as his temp stayed high overnight and today also so I will wait now until the January immunisation clinic.

Have a lovely xmas