Thread: 40 degrees too hot for outting with bub?

Default 40 degrees too hot for outting with bub?

Hey All,

I just got a phone call from DH and he asked if we want to go out snorkeling cause he is finishing work and its a perfect day. I really would like to go, even if I am just sitting on the beach with bub, but its meant to be 40 degrees today. Right now at 9am it is already 32 degrees.

So do you think 40 degrees is too hot to take DD out? My mum is home, so she could look after her but I breastfeed and we will probably be out all day...

mmm, can't say we will be venturing out today. depends where you are though and if its brezzy on the beach and you have shade it may be ok, just go with how you feel.

have a nice day if you do go - i think snorkelling in the ocean sounds like the perfect place to be today - wish i could!

Julie x

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Might be better than staying home with all the electricity restrictions today though...

We'd be going up to Yanchep and we had one of those beach tents....

Sushee - is there electricity restrictions today?? Bugger, might need to stay home.. the power went out twice over christmas and it was a huge stress was we have a huge salt water tank that loses water when the power goes out (sonmething wrong with plumbing) we lost about 50L of water because we couldnt get the generator started! If that happens today and we are out, then we are screwed!

Its going to be a hot one thats for sure. Snorkelling sure does sound tempting though! At the moment it seems a little overcast so at least you wont have the hot sun belting down? Do you have a sun shade for the beach?

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

It was on the news yesterday. From PerthNow:

WEST Australians are being urged to cut back on power usage today, despite temperatures set to hit 40C, after a failure at one of the state's major gas plants.
    The state's electricity distributor Western Power said rolling blackouts will be avoided if people close up their houses instead of using air conditioners, and turn off all non-essential appliances.

An electrical fault at Woodside's Karratha Gas Plant yesterday dramatically cut gas supplies, with 20 per cent of the state's power generators affected.

Western Power managing director Doug Aberle said homes and businesses should only use essential power, even though the thermometer is set to hit 40C in Perth today.

"If enough power can be conserved by homes and businesses voluntarily reducing their power use then there should not be a need for power interruptions,'' Mr Aberle said.

"There is a good chance that with responsible voluntary reduction in energy use there will be enough power for all to share.''

Western Power said Woodside had told the Australian Stock Exchange it was investigating the cause of an incident at North West Shelf Venture's Karratha gas plant.
    The Bureau of Meteorology is predicting a maximum temperature of 40C for Perth today.
    Western Power recommended that consumers:
    Turn off all non essential appliances and lighting.
    If possible avoid using air-conditioners.
    If an air conditioner was essential, set it no lower than 24C.
    Close windows and blinds to stop the home heating up.
    Turn off all appliances at the wall.

Definitely not. Its very easy for a small child to get overheated and dehydrated, not to mention the risk of sunburn from the reflection from the sand. I hope you can stay cool! What about a mums with bubs movie session?

hmm yeh looks like I will be staying at home just incase the power does go out - DOH!

I think it's best to stay indoors in the shade in that kind of heat.

I dont take DS to the beach if its much over 30. Its too hot, but we're both very fair so I have to be extra cautious.

i went out yesterday, but, just to the shops..

Veroncia - a HUGE CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR WEDDING! You looked lovely.