Thread: 5.30am waking for 7mth old!

Exclamation 5.30am waking for 7mth old!

Anyone know how i can get my 7mth old to sleep to at least 6-7am in the morning. She goes to be between 7pm to 8.30pm and sleeps all the way through till 5.30am. Lucky me some peole would say.

She then wakes up and starts to play in her cot, sitting up and giggling, gurgling all of that. I go in and lay her back down put the covers on put the dummy back in her mouth but she just wants to play.

I then give in and start my day at 5.30am. She then gets tired at about 7am and goes back to sleep for at least an hour sometimes longer. I am wanting to change her routine so that in bed by 7-8.30pm and doesn't wake till at least 6 -7am. Any Ideas?

She is on solids and loves them and feeds really well, so no problems there. She is teething but has settled again and doesn't affect her all the time, only sometimes is she painful and just a nightmare etc.

I know i might sound like a whingy mum as alot of others are probably not getting as much sleep as me, but i would like to try and get her to sleep till then in the morning so if anyone has any tips this would be great.

Hope to see some feedback soon.

jen

U poor thing, i remember getting up that early for Mya when she was around that age.
    She is now 16months & sleeps from 6pm to 6 or 7am,which is really good.
    i didn't change her routine or anything she just started doing this on her own at around 8-9months.
    I guess maybe it just happens with time.
    Sorry i couldn't be more help

Unfortunately with the seasons change & the birds starting at 5.30am that is my normal time to wake up in spring/summer. I generally put Matilda to sleep earlier during that time so she has a good nights sleep & we have earlier naps too. Last spring/summer she was just over 1 & there was absolutely nothing that changed it. We regulated the temp in her room, we put up black sheets over her curtains & blinds, and we put music on non stop overnight... We even started giving her another bottle just on waking & trying to settle her back but it hasn't worked yet... Sorry.

Hi girls,

Thankyou so much, hopefully she just changes and sleeps till 6-7am like Amy said

She is such a good little girl really and it would be even better to have her sleep just that little bit lnoger so i will let you know if she does at all one day. Once again Thanks.

Jen

IT should all change with daylight savings. Also how dark is the room? I think just hold out for a few more weeks and the sleep ins will begin......I HOPE!!!!!!!!!!!! xoxo

Seth's just started doing it to. And he's normally an 8-9 type of guy, now he normally wakes at around 5 (not for a feed mind you just because...) and I rewrap and resettle and I might get 2 hours out of him and he's up around 7. I thought it was because we changed time zones but it sounds like it might be a stage of development.

*hugs*
    Cailin