Thread: 5 month old trying to sit up

Default 5 month old trying to sit up

hi
    just a silly question.. my 5 month old when put on his back always lifts his head and neck which I just assume means he is trying to sit up..
    is this true. My friend saw him do it yesterday and said "is that because he has a tummy ache"?? she has 2 girls and i thought she would realise he was trying to practice sitting up? am i wrong??

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Cooper does this all of the time, and I also have a girlfriend who's little girl does it as well. Having said that though, she is 11 months old and still cannot pull herself to sit!

Hi

Abbey is 5 months and does the same thing. She also loves to actually be sitting up and if you put your hands out she grabs them and pulls herself to sitting, but she has no balance lol. She has never had colic/reflux or wind problems.

thanks girls! yeah he just loves to sit up and sat first time unassisted last night! but not long before he started to fall back lol! he did have colic which has improved recently thank god!! so maybe this is why friend suggested tummy ache ? my husband says he will have a six pack by 6 months lol!!

One of the bubs in mums group is nicknamed "crunchie" . She has done crunches for 9 months now!! Still doesn't roll, sit or crawl, but has FAB ABS!!!!xoox

LMAO Em does this all the time as well. Its quite funny and cute to watch him lift himself especially because he gets to a point where all he can do is go back down lol!

Ryan is also pulling himself forward and at day care when they put him on the cushions for stories he flings himself up he will sit unaided for a couple of minutes then fling himself sideways

Oh Shazz what you described then with Ryan is Em all over. He goes unaided for a bit and then suddenly just flings off to one side lmao!

Declan has been trying to do this too for the last month and a half. If I prop him up wth a pillow behind him he will pull himself up (and Shazz, like Ryan, Declan will sit up for a few seconds and flop sideways lol)

littlerigger Guest

My ryan is doing the same as Shaz's Ryan

muma Guest

my son lachlan is 3months old. and he does the same thing. and when you hold his hands not pulling them he sits up then shoots his legs and stands up i dont let him stand but he tries to get them straight and stand. he is rolling both ways and everything now tho so i dont no going to quick for me hehe