Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 8-month old not crawling... very very worried

I haven't read all of the replies to this thread, but I just wanted to let you know that I have a 20m DS who never crawled. Once he started rolling he didn't do anything else until just after 12m when he started bum shuffling. He has always been a fantastic talker and started speaking and saying lots more words than some of his other friends much earlier than them, had a good 50 + words at 18m. I have never worried about the fact that he hasn't crawled and it hasn't seemed to interrupt his development at all. I hope this helps a little.

UPDATE! Just in case anyone is still subscribed to this thread -
    Guess who attempted her first little crawl today??? Yes! She has started to crawl!! Just a few little scoots... but on her hands and knees! That's crawling, right?

Sure is crawling, way to go.

Regards,
    Dianne

My DD didnt crawl until she was 11 months! she commando crawled a bit before then and it wasnt until she was in daycare that she saw others doing it and kind of got the hang of it. She walked 2 months later. She is now 3 and is very articulate and her language skills are very impressive. I wouldnt be too concerned at 8 months, she still has plenty of time. I also didnt do much tummy time as she hated it too. And don't google - google is not your friend when it comes to medical things!!

I know you have had heaps of replies but just to let you know my DD who is now 3 didn't crawl till 13 months and walk till 19 months but is totally fine and the same as other kids!

my DD is now 16 months and still isnt walking only crawling not even standing but MCHN says not a problem so dont stress

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123