Thread: 8week old slept 7hrs straight

maggie Guest

Default 8week old slept 7hrs straight

Hi

My 8week old(breastfed baby) just slept 7hrs straight during the night. is this normal it is a first... thanks

Not sure Maggie but my 7.5 week old slept 9.30pm to 6.30am on Saturday night :eek: As long as you are still getting wet nappies I think it's fine. Enjoy the sleep! (He's BF too)

Well done babies Enjoy the rest guys!

I would say you are one of the lucky ones! enjoy it while it lasts

9 - 10 weeks has been the age all three of mine have started sleeping through.
    He may not do it every night straight away so enjoy it while you can

From around 6 weeks some babies do sleep through. Enjoy it while it lasts. Nina only did this for 2 weeks!

Fee Guest

My DS slept for about 7 hours straight from 4 weeks old and then the first time he slept through was at 9 weeks old - this was 11 hours straight sleep.

He then didn't sleep through again until 13 weeks. And even now at nearly 4 months old he still doesn't sleep through regularly! Just every now and then. It changes from week to week! ATM he's back to waking after 7 hours sleep again.

So definitely enjoy it while you can.

Some babies don't sleep through for a looooong time! Zander started doing it when he was 18 MONTHS!

YAY! Enjoy it! I love it myself as it means i dont really need to have a nap during the day. Jesse has slept a minimum of 6 hours since he was 2 weeks old at night.. he now generally sleeps between 9pm - 6am (approx 8-9 hours at night), give or take half an hour.. though he is bottlefed so i think that aids in the long sleep pattern

wow your lucky, Charlotte did this for 2 night when she was about 7 weeks and now that she is nearly 4 months old i still get up twice a night, the longest she goes now is about 5 hours, i hope this continues for you. Good Luck

Kynan did his first long sleep around 7-8w too and then started sleeping through regularly at 10w. It all went to pieces at 5 months though so as some of the others have said, enjoy it while it lasts LOL!!

Congratulations!
    DD started sleeping through at about 9 weeks and she never looked back from there (only when sick or teething) so you might be lucky!

I'm hoping like mad DS does the same but I don't think lightening strikes twice

Think yourself lucky. Thats all I can say!!!! My son didnt sleep through till 6 months and now as 9 months has started waking again. (((sheeeesh))) lol

Yup...just enjoy it!. Kaitlyn did this as well but now unfortunately she can be up from 3am help!

maggie Guest

ha, sadly i think it was a one off, wishful thinking for me that it may happen again...

Kiara started sleeping 4-5 hours at a time, and it has now increased to 6-7, so only doing one feed at night is a HUGE difference!

Lexie is 8 weeks tomorrow and has just started doing about 7.30pm till 5.30am....so 10 hour stretches (she is BF)......not sure how long it will last. (Olivia started doing 12 hour stretches consistently at 4 months, Charlie at 3 months, so I am fingers crossed Lexie will be as easy!!)