Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aches & pains in a toddler?

Default Aches & pains in a toddler?

Hi all,

Olivia has been off-colour for about 24 hours, so I have been watching her really closely today.

She is OK in herself, no temp, no cold, and appetite is OK.

But I swear she has got aches & pains badly in her legs and in her upper body......

Normally she loves cuddles & being picked up and everytime I got to pick her up under the arms she literally winces & cries in pain. I have checked for bruises/lumps under her arms etc: nothing.

The other really noticable thing is that normally she would be cavorting all round the house doing her fast bottom shuffle crawl, and pulling herself up to standing on all the furniture, and me all day..........but today she is struggling to move from a sitting position and hasn't pulled herself up at all (despite encouragement) & again seems to be holding back, and crying in pain when she does attempt any big movement. I have tried massaging her legs & she screams in pain.

(This is SO unlike her.....we can go for weeks without even a single grizzle)

I am going to give her a big deep bath in a minute to see if that soothes whatever the pain is.

I am really worried and have looked in all my baby books, but nothing.

So if anyone has any experience in this, please let me know.............

Default reply

Hon, if you are worried and can't find anything, Id not wait to long and take her to Doctor, better safe than sorry.

Hope Olivia is ok tomoro- let us knoe ok. Take care angel.xx

Oh Lucy I agree with Nadia. I would take her to her doctors tomorrow. She sounds like she is in lots of pain. You poor thing Lucy there is nothing worse then seeing your child in pain. Let us know how she is tomorrow.

katanya Guest

I haven't expereinced it, but I think the fact she isn't febrile is a positive, but I agree with everyone else, I would get her looked at, there might be a reason for it..

did she maybe fall over when she was cruising?

Melinda Guest

Poor Olivia!! I'd go to the Doctor's for a check-up too - I'm sure you've already got that going through your mind though!

I really hope she is ok Lucy. Poor little mite.

Thanks guys. She has had a big deep bath, which she loved, but screamed the house down when I had to take her out and dry her, but she has now gone to sleep after a long Mummy cuddle.

I have phoned my GF who is a GP & she said the same thing: no fever is a good thing, but to keep an eye on her through the night...........if she wakes crying (which is TOTALLY unlike her....she hasn't woken during the night for over a year) then I may take her down to the Women & Childrens..........

The worst of it is that DH is away too........

*hugs* Lucy, how did she go overnight? Thats so hard to deal with when you are on your own. Before Matilda got this round of tonsilitis she had a day of aches and it was really weird... I couldn't put it down to anywhere in particular either ( I guess it was her throat in the end) but she was in pain and all I did was give her the brauers homeopathic fever & pain relief and the next day she was sick so I put it down to that. I hope she's better today.

Hi Lucy

Hope Olivia is feeling better today

Big hugs to you both

Lucy just popping in aswell to see how Olivia is. Hope she is well.

hi Lucy,

I'm also just popping in to ask how Olivia is... poor little mite! I hope she's much better today...

Lucy, I am hoping Olivia is ok. I was thinking that maybe she was having growing pains... is that possible at her age??
    Anyway I hope it turns out to be nothing to worry about.

Tanya

mooshie Guest

Lucy

how is olivia, is she any better today. did you end up taking her to doctors?

hope everything is okay and she is feeling better

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

I have heard from Lucy and she has been in the hospital with Olivia. They are keeping her in overnight but I am afraid that's all I know... I will hopefully hear more tomorrow but I will be on my course - so will get info to you all ASAP.

Thinking of you Lucy and Olivia - great big hugs and get well wishes xoxo
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Oh No!

Big hugs mate!

Hope all is ok and she is just there to make sure all is ok.

Oh no!! ... am thinking of you Lucy & Olivia, and am [-o< that its nothing serious...

mooshie Guest

oh lucy big hugs for you and olivia

i am [-o< all is okay.

thinking of you.

Guys,

Thanks for all your good wishes.

We spent the past 48 hours in hospital with Olivia having tests, blood tests, scans and x-rays. Horrible. Today she had to have a bone scan op to see what on earth is going on with her hips/legs. Still no conclusive results. We are still being kept in the hospital as she is on intravenious antibiotics & is still very woozy from the op. Hopefully we will see the orthapedic surgeon blokey in the morning to get some answers.

I have just ducked home to get a change of clothes for me and more stuff for Olivia.....

Needless to say, I wouldn't wish this experience on my worst enemy.

Lucy

It's so hard to see your children going through tests, isn't it. Please know that I'm praying for you and Olivia, that you'll soon have answers and that the invasive tests will be as few as possible.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast