Thread: Activites

Default Activites

What type of activites would be good for an 18 month old? I've tired different things like drawing, painting, playing with blocks, but Lily just doesn't seem to be interested at all or just doesn't get it. I try to show her but she will just want me to play and not her, then she will walk off.

Do you let Lily paint alone ? I always found Kimberley loved to paint by herself.
    Another thing you can try is play doh Kimberley loves to play with that.

I thought play doh was for over 2's? If i let her alone all she does is eat the paint brush lol!

I think play doh is for over 2's but if you watch her and make sure she doesn't eat it she will be fine. Kimberley was playing with it before she was 2.

Shame that she tries to eat the paint brush if you leave her alone.

I'll have a think and see what else i can come up with that you can both do together.

Tegan get yourself copies of books like 501 activities for kids, there is also a toddler/preschool version as well. They are invaluble and have heaps of ideas.

ETA the one I have is 365 TV Free activities for Toddlers

love

Melinda Guest

Yeah you could try playdoh, just make sure she's well supervised as always.

Jacob still tries to eat the paint and the paintbrush and he's 20 m.o., so painting is a few months away for him. He's getting more into drawing now lately which is good. We only have short bursts of playdoh here for the same reason as the paint - he often tries to eat it LOL. But at least it's a different activity for a few minutes.

Tegan, it is really hard to amuse them at that age because they are old enough that they need entertaining, but not old enough to have the concentration span to stick to it for long.

Does she have a doll stoller or anything like that? Paige loved pushing Erin's around, so we got her one of her own (otherwise WW3 would have begun!). She also loved anything that made a noise too.

Oh, one other thing was Lindsay's battery powered Thomas the tank - she would turn it on, and just follow it around on the floor for ages.

Hope you find something for her soon Tegan.