Thread: advice needed please...

alex c Guest

Default advice needed please...

what do you guys think?????my little girl is on nan ha gold at the moment and sometimes during her feed she will cry abit then continue drinking...but then sometimes during her feed she will push the teet out with her tongue and give me a vomit and wont take anymore milk after...even if she has only drunk 50mls...she is a very hard burper but sometimes i manage to get a few good ones out and other times i dont...she is very restless and doesnt sleep well lately waking every 10 min then going back to sleep after a good cry...she will sometimes drink every 4hrs then othertimes she wants to eat every 1-2 hrs????am i doing something wrong please can someone give me advice...is it reflux or colic or even lactose intolerance any suggestions????????? ](*,)

Alex, your definately not doing anything wrong...
    Babies are all different & unfortunately dont come with directions, so it is all a learning curve & trial & error with alot of things...
    It could be colic, it could be reflux???

Perhaps go see or call the 24hour MCHN hotline & explain what is happening..

Babies also have periods of unsettledness!

You are doing a marvellous job, it takes time to learn our babies cues etc...

Best of luck...

Yeap I agree with Tracey totally Alex. I have a fussy feeder who the paed thought had silent reflux. She has always been a small eater, I reckon she'd eat maybe not even half that Tracey's bub eats and she's older than her! They just each do what they want. How old is your DD? Is she putting on weight? You are doing a fantastic job, don't worry (coming from the mother of all worriers!)

alex c Guest

my little girl is 6 weeks old today as she was 4 and a 1/2 weeks early...she is putting on around 200grams a week...

200 grams a week is fine, and at the high end of average, so it sounds like she's getting enough.

If you're worried it might be a health issue though, talk to your health nurse about it, she should have a good idea of whether its something to get further adive about.

Alex, wow that's a great weight gain. It really sounds like you are doing a great job. But yeah, if you are concerned about colic or reflux, talk to your MCHN or gp.

My daughter who was 4 weeks early had a similar problem, the SCN girls told me that one day all would finally settle down and it did. As long as your little girl is happy and putting on weight you are doing a magnificent job. The MCHN line is wonderful if you are worried give them a call.
    Bec