Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it the age?

I started reverse pshycology... or bribing but still isnt working here

Neither work on Blake, he is the most stubborn person I know, other than myself!

How about trying to word it different .. I have been having a streak of luck with this lately. Don't know how long it will last, but I'm enjoying it while it does.

Instead of saying: "Don't pinch/hit/kick the dog" say "Hun, we stroke the dog, like this (show how) doggies don't like it when they are pincehd/hit/kicked, ok? Stroke gently, like mommy (show again)" Yes its time consuming, but like I said ... it works.

In my house it goed like this ...
    "No baby, we stroke the cat like this ... softly. We don't pull her tail, she does not like it and she will bite you. Do you want her to bite you? No, so stroke softly. That's a good girl. Aww see, she is purring, she likes being stroked gently. Good kitty, good girl"
    or
    "No angel, we close the door softly ... like this. We don't slam it, it can break. Close it softly like so. You try? Good girl. Mommy is proud of you"
    or
    "No your brother does not eat rocks, do you eat rocks? No. Only ostriches eat rocks. What does ostriches eat? Yes rocks! Does ds eat rocks? No. Do you eat rocks? No. Ostriches eat rocks."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12