Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ahh cant go in that shop.....pram wont fit !

Default ahh cant go in that shop.....pram wont fit !

We've all heard of the pram not fitting down an aisle, or thru a checkout, but a shop?????? !!! We dont have a wide pram, its no diff to every other pram out at the shops, and why, why do shopkeepers insist on craming there shop with sooo much merchandise, its literally impossible to get the pram in the shop!!!. Im talking about kids clothing shops too - surely they would accomodate for the odd pram here or there.
    It pees me off that i cant go in that shop.

*okay, over that part now*.

Lately ive found the bigger dept stores are doing the same kinda thing (xmas looming??/). Only the other day i was in kmart, and i had to LIFT BOXES TO GET MY PRAM THRU AN AISLE !!! - WTF???? I couldnt turn back, coz there were a heap of people, i had to move forward, and only way to do that was move the boxes. I just threw them on the floor, i didnt care. They dont care about there customers - OBVIOUSLY.

*ahhh thats better*

I hear you!
    I was in Target a few days ago and some idiot in their wisdom decided to put clearance racks of clothing right down the centre of the main aisle, from front of store to back. So with people in the aisle, and clothes racks, how easy do you think it was to get my pram down the aisle as well?!
    I rammed a few racks on my way down LOL.

I used to always pick up clothes that i accidently knocked off the racks onto the floor....nowadays i leave it !!!

After my experience the other day - bring on home shopping channel , ELC (education learning ctr) brochure, and EBAY....thats were my girls ,nieces and nephews will be getting there xmas pressies this year !!!!

Yep if something is in my way now I just hit it with the pram.. if I break something I would like to see them try to make me pay for it. Shouldn't be there to begin with, there is Occupational Health and Saftey issues as well.

I really detest when the supermarkets or kmart/target etc don't have their wheelchair/pram aisle open as we can never fit either and more than once got stuck and had to back a whole line of ppl up so we can get out. Why is it necessary to have the checkout aisles so small.

Love

We don't fit through the normal checkout at our local Big W. The front wheels fit through but the back ones get stuck, so I either go through the DIY checkout or I go through the 3 items or less at the service desk. No matter how many things I have.

Pet peeve of mine too. Some shops are terrible about their layouts. Smaller shops if I have trouble I'll just turn around and walk out. But if I think I can get away with knocking a few things over in a larger shop, I will.
    Targets kids aisles are ridiculously close together.

I've been in some of those gifty/nick-nacky shops where I have had to leave the pram near the front door to have a look because there is so much stuff in there. Now I just don't bother going in shops like that if I have the kids with me. It is a real pet peeve of mine that nobody puts any thought into what would be a practical way to display stuff.

Ooh this is a pet hate of mine. I try not to buy from them on purpose!

I will take the pram through them if I can navigate ok, but if Tehya grab's something and chucks it on the floor then generally that's where it stay's.

They should leave enough room for me and mine

Tell me about it.. I was in Toyworld the other day and the isles were so close together. Then to top it off I had this rude woman totally ignore me and give me this death stare when I said excuse me can I squeeze past. I felt like ramming her with my pram.

I agree it drives me nuts too, but I think it's worse when it's kids shps that do it - hello, who's going to buy there if they can't get in!

One shop I really like to go to couldn't even fit me in whilst pregnant, let alone with a pram or a child in arms! Luckily it is small shop and I am sure if I yelled out to them they would sell me what I wanted.

Anyway with the larger shops we are getting sick of it. Too many times we have had to reverse out of aisles in Target as they always seem to blocked with the restocking trolleys.

ah i now have went and bought a stroller, much smaller but if things (or people ) get in my way i cant ram them LOL. Glad im not the only one with pram rage hehe. I will never understand why department stores dont cater for paarents with prams, they must think every 1 in 5000 has a pram GGRRR. What annoys me the most is when the shops that have the pram/wheel chair isle to buy stuff, its always locked up!!

What annoys me the most is when the shops that have the pram/wheel chair isle to buy stuff, its always locked up!!
    OMG, that is so true. The damn aisle is always shut. There's anothrer reason for jumping in the express lane near the service desk that is generally bigger.Too bad if I have too much stuff !!

Grrrrrrrrr i understand! That was the main reason i bought my HAB - i was so sick of not fitting! Luckily Ella is still small enough to fit in the HAB but as my belly grows bigger i'm gonna have to go back to the dreaded pram - *sigh* - it's just wrong!!!

thats it LOL i always have a habit making a scene if the lane is closed and they had wanna not dare say anything to us about the ammount of stuff i have, or the people behind you in the lane giving you evils haha i set them straight

I went into a baby shop yesterday and same thing. I have a Phil and Ted's so it's not overly wide, and yet there were boxes and things all over the floor. The sales woman wouldn't help move anything and gave me death stares! And it's a baby shop who could be getting a lot of money out of me right now if I could stand going in there!!!!!!!

NewmumLou Guest

I know exactly what you mean, it is so annoying, but you know what is more annoying PEOPLE.... people will walk straight into the pram if you dont swerve out of the way..... i have shaken my head at so many people. ITS so annoying.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast