Thread: allergic?

Default allergic?

I think Milo might be having an allergic reation to something. but I don't know what it is.

On saturday night we had vegie lasagne, which he has had before, and he cam up with a red blotchy rash on his face, which lasted about 5-10 mins.

Mum has juts rang me now to say the same thing has happened this morning, after breakfast (again, nothing new - he has the same thing every day)

I'm not sure whats going on! Does it sound like an allergy? Can they just start all of a sudden when its something you've never had a problem with before?

The only common things I can tink of is wheat, as he has had dairy in other foods in between and not had the same reaction.

Was there egg in either? They can get a reaction down the track, not necessarily the first time they try something.
    Coco's first reaction to egg was blotchy face and neck (quite severe though). With coco wheat was more a sensitivity, so didn't experience an allergy with that, she just got a bit of excma, which she doesn't get now.
    Maybe try breakfast in bits so as to eliminate what it was that caused the reaction. xo

With most allergies they start with no reaction & the more they have of the allergic item, the more severe the reaction.

The highest allergenic foods are wheat, dairy, soy, eggs, fish and peanuts.

Thanks.
    there may have been egg in the pasta sheets in the lasagne, and I will have to check out the breakfast cerals, but def. wheat.

He had half a bottle of milk before that (this morning - so between the reactions) with nothing, so I really doubt its dairy.

Olivia has just started to have a reaction to strawberrys.. she has been eating them since she was 1 and now at 3 she gets a rash on her cheeks ! We have eleminated this food and we have not had it again..

NewmumLou Guest

yeah it sounds like an allergy to me, maybe even a low tolerence to wheat. Hope you find out what it is, you can even try a allergy test at the doctors and this will determine what he may be allergic to.

Thanks. I have (luckily) got a paed. appt next week anyway, so will ask about it then, unless it gets worse in the meantime.

Good luck, Rachael. K broke out in similar rash a couple of months back and it's been narrowed down to either that particular sort of fish that he ate or the preservatives. It seems to be more likely that it was the preservatives at this stage but we're still super cautious about fish products!

Hope you manage to get some answers.
    Last edited by Angel; August 7th, 2007 at 01:47 PM.