Thread: Am I wrong to Co-sleep with a almost 2 year old?

Default Am I wrong to Co-sleep with a almost 2 year old?

I am just wondering if anyone else co - sleeps??
    I guess I do it as my husband works at night and Jett seems to like my bed better.
    Is this wrong???
    Any advice???

If you are all happy with it why not do it!!!!

We still co-sleep with our boys who are 20 months old and 3 years old. I love snuggling up with them and I know they like having us nearby too.

I don't see why it would be wrong. Sure some people don't choose to that, but the thing is if it works for you what does it matter? Our 3 yr old comes in bed with us sometimes in the morning or night & I love it. On the rare occasion DH is away I would love for my 3yr old to come in. With Jovie, she would sleep so much better going to sleep in our bed when she was younger, so I loved it.

Yeah I kinda put Jett into bed with me cause he flips it in his bed, I do the mid night transfer and he sleeps the rest of the night in his bed.
    dashlostar - how do you work the how co-sleeping thing?

If it isn't causing any problems at hope than I wouldn't stress too much.

Violet sometimes sneeks in my bed of a night (my partner works nights too) but it's not every night. When my partner is home and in our bed and she sneeks in she really is a bit much, esp when she is restless. She goes back to her own bed fine tho.

I am sure that if my partner worked days and was in our bed every night it would be a little more unwelcome tho.

Smile

you do what ever you feel is right for you honey how can having your children near you be wrong,
    My husband has just started shift work and I love sharing with my DD there is nothing like going to sleep with a little hand twisted lightly in your hair
    Allie

Hi,

Most of the world's population sleeps with their children. Some say it's because they are so poor that they can't afford separate beds. And that is the case. But co-sleepers know that, regardles of wealth or poverty, having your warm, snuggly darling in your bed is the sweetest thing ever. I have just finished reading "Mao's Last Dancer". True, they coud afford nothing else, but the sense of warmth and security the author wrote about when he remembered those years of sleeping with his mum and dad and little brothers tells me that co-sleeping is the normal state of affairs for humans.
    Warm Regards
    Barb
    (currently co-sleeping with only Guan (4)

dani, the boys have a double bed that they share and we have a king in our room and we all just sleep where ever feels right on the night. At the moment both the boys are in their bed but if Imran wakes after I go to bed I'll put him in with me and if Yasin is restless he'll come into my bed too. When DH gets home he'll just sleep wherever he can find a space and if Yasin is restless late in the night one of us will go to him.

i love sleeping with my little man. it's the best! i love smelling his gorgeous baby morning breath when we wake up together. if co-sleeping works for you, then it's not wrong at all. i don't blame you actually with your dh working nights. before we had ds and my dp used to go away overnight a lot, i used to sleep with our golden retriever!